Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A proportionate protest - Charlton v Ipswich *Stand Up For The 2%*

Comments

• Options
    Well, it wasn't just the fans playing up! I had a distributor threaten to pin one on my back, disgraceful behaviour!

Alright Dan! :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options

And managed a swift half pint

You're sacked...
  • Options
    Should say that in light of yesterdays events @CAFCBlackNWhite went up by about 70 followers.

Now on 510.
  • Options
    I tried Al but I couldn't reach :-)
  • Options

Can we get a zebra at the next game for the black and white campaign? Or more likely two guys in a zebra costume! Would get us on the lad bible and sport bible raising more awareness for the campaign.

Maybe we can do our annual fancy dress away match early this year and all go as zebras!

Zebras or Badgers ?

Animals in Black and white trip.

Or better still skunks,
    Katrien would soon get a wiff of that in her Carriage.
    Plus CAFC fans, as CL Demonstrates, are known to be Anal !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Well, it wasn't just the fans playing up! I had a distributor threaten to pin one on my back, disgraceful behaviour!

Hello Alan!
  • Options

Am I missing something?

KM was ridiculed in front the SKY cameras. Their coverage of it was excellent.

Well done all involved.

Ridiculed? She couldn't have given less of a toss if she tried. She smirked. I fully respect those for trying to do something, but what happened on Saturday made no impact whatsoever. Just stop going to games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The protest was apathetic, about half the meagre crowd bothered to stand and wave the black and white hand outs. I tried to get the people around me to stand and hardly any did. sorry there was no demo outside the west stand reception.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Woke up with a sore head after a great night trying to forget the match :)

I just wanted to say I thought the protest was brilliant! Well done to all involved!!! Some of the things I was shouting when handing them out was as follows:

"Love it, hate it, support it, don't support it, this is your charlton find out what we are protesting about! It is all on the back of this flyer!!"

"Don't sit back and ignore what is happening to your club! read about it in this flyer"

"There will be a protest 2 minutes into the game find out why"

"This is not a Black Friday weekend event, we are not giving 2% off washing machines and ovens!! This is a protest and it is an ongoing event" - this got lots of laughs.

I must have handed out about 500 in 30-40 mins. And walked around a lot to get a feel for the protest, I must say most fans seemed very interested, I noticed that some had walked past 3-4 people handing them out but when they heard me shouting the decided to take one which I thought was great!

98% of people I saw had a flyer so that was good. If we handed out all 10k I doubt there was that in the stadium yesterday in the home end.

I personally feel that the actual protest was great and sitting in the noisy part of the North upper it sounded very loud. Looking at the east stand there was a lot of people holding up flyers the west was empty anyway so only small patches of posters.

Considering at the Wednesday game I counted about 5 scarfs in the east and west, and we have had two wins, the amount of scarfs and stuff blew me away!

Some people have put some very hard work into this and I applaud that.

The person who convinced me to protest was Katrien after her fans meeting. I finished that video and thought, I have only supported CAFC a few years and they now don't give a fluck about my support.

Having also met her and Rolland in Belgium when they first bought us. I must say I'm not convinced what they said then is what we have now or even working towards.

I will continue to support the team. But I'm sorry I can't get behind the current regimes gimmicks and BS.

Happy for them to stay but they MUST change there ways! And fast.

Anyway thanks again to all those who are helping make this happen.

Ahh it was you?! I very much enjoyed handing out the posters when you were nearby! You put a smile on my face and made my day infact. Very funny.

Personally I stuck to the simple but effective "stand up for the two percent protest"

"Get your posters for the stand up for the two percent protest"

"Hold them up in the second minute" etc
  • Options
    msomerton said:

The protest was apathetic, about half the meagre crowd bothered to stand and wave the black and white hand outs. I tried to get the people around me to stand and hardly any did. sorry there was no demo outside the west stand reception.

50% is a lot more than 2% which was the point.

The protest wasn't apathetic either. The only people you could aim that at would be those that stayed sitting down but they may well have not agreed with the protest (which is fine) or not known about it.

• Options
    One thing to note, the protest was never going to get full distribution coverage as it had to be abandoned 5-10 minutes before KO to ensure the distributors actually got in for the start of the game. There were still huge numbers (considering how small the crowd) still making their way to the ground at the time and when I got back to the ground to go in the NU, the Lower turnstiles were still about 30 deep.

It is also as I found impossible to blanket canvas a moving crowd when the numbers start to add up
  • Options
    I was very surprised and impressed with the Sky coverage of the protest and especially of Mr Holloway who seemed to have a very good understanding of our plight and articulated it to very good effect.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Hello Alan!
    Hi Elfs, not about much at the moment, exceptionally busy time of the year for me until the New Year, keep up the good work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was very surprised and impressed with the Sky coverage of the protest and especially of Mr Holloway who seemed to have a very good understanding of our plight and articulated it to very good effect.

Agreed, Holloway came across very well in our defence ... as did Rob Lee. Scott Minto also very understanding ... he's a very articulate presenter.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

East Anglian coverage of Saturday passed to me by an Ipswich fan

Monday verdict:
    Ipswich Town unity in stark contrast to Charlton Athletic unrest https://t.co/HAIyeg44KS

That's very interesting.

80% seems way too high but that is the reaction from outsiders.
  • Options
    I think it is a good point the article made - as well as the clear unity running all the way through Ipswich - do RD and KM seriously not understand? Seriously?
  • Options
    What's the cheapest base price on getting scarves made
  • Options

What's the cheapest base price on getting scarves made

@Addickted2TheReds sourced some at £3 each
  • Options
    http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=17127

A Brentford supporter's view