Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

supermarket.

Comments

• Options
    Aldi in Australia is forcing prices down in other supermarkets. I save about $50 a week and they are gradually adding to there items
  • Options
    Asda, Morries, Tescos or Sainsburys, whichever has the best offer for what we want, then every couple of months we drive down to Waitrose at Preston and spend what we've saved!
  • Options
    Tesco's once a month for a big online shop, Lidl for weekly bits and pieces and the little Tesco's at the top of the road for urgent stuff.

Lidl's is great for certain bits but couldn't do a full shop in there.
  • Options

I bizarrely enjoy going supermarket shopping, other than Charlton it's the only hobby I have!

Thank God! Thought it was just me! Morrisons for me generally, but sometimes a bit of Asda as the checkout staff are better looking!
  • Options
    I love wandering around a supermarket, my missus reckons I literally buy anything on a special offer whether we need it or not!
  • Options
    Mainly Waitrose, but will also use Tesco for smaller items, topping up etc.
  • Options
    My local supermarket is a Sainsbury's. I occasionally use Waitrose and Tesco which are further away, and Aldi when I'm in Dartford
  • Options
    We do ours on-line, have tried all of them and found Ocado the best. Hardly ever have any substitutions and the quality of fruit & veg is better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We do ours on-line, have tried all of them and found Ocado the best. Hardly ever have any substitutions and the quality of fruit & veg is better.

agree, Ocado online is very good
  • Options
    Oh for the days of Netto with there extremely bright yellow bags with big black handwriting.
    It would indicate to the world that you were working within a tight budget or just a tight bugger.
  • Options
    I tend to shop at Morrison's (mainly because their steaks are excellent) and Aldi and Lidl. Aldi's quality is far better than Lidl's on most items but there are a few gems at Lidl that keep me coming back.
  • Options
    Morrison's for me - one of the very few British supermarkets that didn't fill its own brand products with horsemeat!
  • Options
    Don't like any of them, shop at all of them if I'm passing near them.
    My only observation is M&S is more of a rip off than Waitrose, Lidl good for dishwasher tablets, Aldi good for cheap bruschetta, Sainsburys for their gold label tea, Tesco for wine, Morrisons for the odd discounted product like printer ink, Asda for low priced gloves, C0-0P because they're open late, Iceland for nothing at all.
    Supermarket shopping is especially depressing if you don't eat meat or fish.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried using mysupermarket.com ? You do your shopping on their site and it tells you which store has the cheapest basket. It's not a perfect comparison because you get quality differences in own brands etc but still useful. You can then send your basket direct to that shops website and book your delivery from there.

This link should take you to where there are vouchers too which you can use for money off first online shops

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/LandingPages/VouchersLandingPage.aspx?VouchersCampaign=dailyvouchers

• Options
    It always amazes me how many people my wife knows when we walk around supermarkets.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Don't like any of them, shop at all of them if I'm passing near them.
    My only observation is M&S is more of a rip off than Waitrose, Lidl good for dishwasher tablets, Aldi good for cheap bruschetta, Sainsburys for their gold label tea, Tesco for wine, Morrisons for the odd discounted product like printer ink, Asda for low priced gloves, C0-0P because they're open late, Iceland for nothing at all.
    Supermarket shopping is especially depressing if you don't eat meat or fish.

There is a simple solution. Eat meat and/or fish.
  • Options
    "Never Knowingly Undersold"
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Lidl good for dishwasher tablets

Can you get bad dishwasher tablets??

• Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

you definitely can mate, cheap ones mean you then have to wash the bl**dy stuff up again anyway
  • Options
    Maybe a bit off topic but did anyone see Hugh what's his name and his programme about food waste by the supermarkets? Do the supermarkets tell us what fruit and veg to buy or do we, can't buy a crooked carrot so bin it. The amount of waste is ridiculous and not impressed by Morrison's attitude to the farmers.
  • Options
    I saw that programme and thought what a ridiculous amount of food is wasted, stuff that's doesn't get sold and also stuff that never reaches the supermarket.

If someone suggested that it could be moved to people that need it then we would be told that its not that easy to do.

But if we get involved in a war then we can move tons and tons of armaments at the drop of a hat.

• Options
    Costco for bulk buying of house hold items then the mrs does an online shop and the shop differs depending on what's needed, we top up throughout the month from m&s plus the butchers and green grosser on main road
  • Options
    Best supermarket in the world . Borough Market.
  • Options
    I shop in most of them, but Sainsbury's usually drives me mad - their customer service is the worst of all Supermarkets. They never have enough tills open.

My day off today, so went to Sainsbury's at Hempstead Valley to use the Nectar points double up reward scheme which starts today and lasts until 24th November.

You have to go to a special till to cash in your points for a voucher to be used at the till. The queue was quite long as you have to specify in which department you wish to use your voucher. There is also a restriction of £20 doubled up to £40 per day and lots of products don't qualify. It took me about 20 minutes to get served and I asked for a voucher for the electrical section.

When I got to the checkout, the voucher wasn't accepted because the voucher they gave me was for homeware. I refused to go back to the Nectar exchange till and insisted that they sort it out there at the till. Eventually they did agree and I got my £30 deducted.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Afka what is going on, dishwasher tablets?
    There is even CafcDave banging on about Costco. Have you boys gone soft, if you pardon the expression.
    Worrying times, very worrying. Only joking!

• Options

seth plum said:

The lidle 3 in 1 is better than finish, and about a third of the price.

• Options
    You can't beat a good food bank.
  • Options
    I agree that Aldi and Lidl are very good. Was always a bit skeptical at first but having tried, I would certainly recommend. Quality matches that of Asda and Tesco and has taken about 20% off the cost of our weekly shopping bill.