Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying Brighton tickets online

Has anyone had any success with buying tickets for other fans for Brighton through the online system? I can see the game and I can buy a ticket for myself, but not for any of the people I am linked with (unsurprisingly since I had to create new IDs for them in the first place). I still cannot link to anyone who is already on the system, i.e. the people I actually want to buy tickets for.

In addition, you can apparently buy two per season ticket holder or existing Red Card holder, but in practice you can't because the system insists on details for every ticket purchased.

Comments

• No, I had a similar problem so called up to do it and was charged a £2 booking fee. When I questioned the fee the operator said "you could have booked online". I almost argued "if I could navigate the hopeless new system" but couldn't be bothered.
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks. I don't mind calling them, but by Monday morning they will have been refusing calls for four of the last five days, which you'd think puts some obligation on them to provide an online system that works. I'm not even convinced they understand that it doesn't work.
  • JaShea99 said:

No, I had a similar problem so called up to do it and was charged a £2 booking fee. When I questioned the fee the operator said "you could have booked online". I almost argued "if I could navigate the hopeless new system" but couldn't be bothered.

IMO an admin/booking fee of £2 for tickets is a stealth charge, how much does it really cost to put a ticket in an envelope and have it posted.

Disappointing when your own club adds this to it's cost base.

• Thanks. I don't mind calling them, but by Monday morning they will have been refusing calls for four of the last five days, which you'd think puts some obligation on them to provide an online system that works. I'm not even convinced they understand that it doesn't work.

Did anyone see the step by step ordering process tweets from the ticket office. I was crying with laughter reading them . It would be impossible just to figure out without them.
  • I cannot even see the tickets on sale
  • kimbo said:

I cannot even see the tickets on sale

Limbo go on the Charlton ticket Twitter feed and it tells you (in about 8 not easy steps) how to sort tickets.
  • Beyond confused. Why are they not on the website
  • They are but you have to log in as they're not on general SAAAAAAAL as the woman on the phone told me.
  • buckshee said:

kimbo said:

I cannot even see the tickets on sale

Limbo go on the Charlton ticket Twitter feed and it tells you (in about 8 not easy steps) how to sort tickets.
    Can't you just do it in a natural standing or sitting position or is this another way of deterring the older generation of our support.
  • This problem has been highlighted by myself and others before Airman.
    Wouldn't find the names I was buying for, but if you attempt to register them as new it tells you there is already somebody registered at the email address.
    Was never able to resolve it and gave up in the end
  • Sponsored links:

• This problem has been highlighted by myself and others before Airman.
    Wouldn't find the names I was buying for, but if you attempt to register them as new it tells you there is already somebody registered at the email address.
    Was never able to resolve it and gave up in the end

Indeed - yet the club is progressively reducing the hours you can ring up in order to encourage a channel shift to a channel that doesn't work.