Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Internal Doors

Having to get a couple of new Internal Doors for the house that I brought in April, trouble is when it comes to DIY I'm completely useless and wouldnt know the first thing about putting them up.

Does anyone know of anyone that can install these, and if so, how much it usually costs?

Comments

• Options
    You will never be any good at diy if you never try.
    Watch a few youtube videos and then get the power tools and chisels out.
    You then get the satisfaction of doing the job and the saving of a days money for the chippie.
  • Options
    I paid £200 for 3 doors including the furniture, I just bought the doors..........
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I paid £250 for a set of internal French doors and the 2 side panels to be fitted. The bloke did a really good job. What area are you based in?
  • Options
    Based in Strood myself
  • Options
    Use www.checkatrade.com to find a local recommended tradesman to where you live.
  • Options

Based in Strood myself

I'll see if I can dig his details out and PM you.
  • Options

You then get the satisfaction of doing the job and the saving of a days money for the chippie.

and then when you've fucked it up, just go out, buy some more doors and get someone who knows what they're doing.
    This, all day long. it would probably cost you £500 just to buy the correct tools.
  • Options

and then when you've fucked it up, just go out, buy some more doors and get someone who knows what they're doing.
    I hung 18 doors in my house a couple of years back. I made it a tad easier by making up router jigs for the hinges, locks and striker plates. Take your time and remember your CSE woodworking from 30 odd years ago and most should be OK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DIY is good fun but I really suggest you don't start by trying to hang two doors.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I hung 18 doors in my house a couple of years back. I made it a tad easier by making up router jigs for the hinges, locks and striker plates. Take your time and remember your CSE woodworking from 30 odd years ago and most should be OK.
    Does anyone actually understand what he has just said?
    No.
  • Options

18 doors? Eighteen? How bloody big is your house?!
    Or were you just putting doors anywhere?
  • Options

Psst, he's a kitchen fitter! ;)
  • Options

No they all had holes to go in.
    House ain't big it's just got doors everywhere.