Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The EFL - Football League rebranding

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

The Football League is to be re-named the English Football League as part of a comprehensive corporate and competition re-branding.
The new title, which will come into use at the conclusion of the current season and ahead of the 2016/17 campaign, will be shortened to EFL for everyday use across the game.

The EFL name will be accompanied by a stunning new visual identity featuring a dynamic circular arrangement of 72 balls in three swathes of 24, representing each of the League’s member clubs and the respective divisions they play in.

The new logo is just the fourth in the 127 year history of the world’s original league football competition and, for the first time, each club will be presented with its own bespoke version in its individual playing colours, ahead of the new season, for it to retain in perpetuity.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx#YhiUJpd4ymtDliTA.99

Comments

• It does look a bit like a logo you'd find on the top of a gas bill, and some have commented it is a touch too similar to the EDL... but I think this has definitely been undertaken to attract foreign audiences.

In the US, you won't find one person referring to the premier league as anything other than EPL or BPL, and it's also infinitely hashtaggable - so generic logo aside, the move makes sense, I think.
  • That visual identity sounds like a load of balls.
  • That logo does not say 'football' to me in the slightest. More like some dodgy biotech firm.
  • PL54 said:

Are they kicking Newport out and assuming Wrexham don't get promoted?

Possibly - but what do you think they'll do with Cardiff?

(Swansea will never get relegated of course)
  • English as a Foreign Language
  • Maybe a they'll spend more money with an agency to rebrand it EFLIACOWC

English Football League Including A Couple Of Welsh Clubs
  • Presumably so that silly foreigners will be tricked into watching it, thinking that they are watching TheBestLeagueInTheWorld #EPL #BPL #NLD #EFL #FAC #ELC #YMCA

Foreigners will be tricked into watching it expecting to learn English.

They'll think "Your support is f****** ****" is a friendly greeting and "We are Leeds, we are vile" is how you introduce yourself.

If we were shown more often, they might think the Addams Family song is how to order train tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• CTIGUK said:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

The Football League is to be re-named the English Football League as part of a comprehensive corporate and competition re-branding.
    The new title, which will come into use at the conclusion of the current season and ahead of the 2016/17 campaign, will be shortened to EFL for everyday use across the game.

The EFL name will be accompanied by a stunning new visual identity featuring a dynamic circular arrangement of 72 balls in three swathes of 24, representing each of the League’s member clubs and the respective divisions they play in.

The new logo is just the fourth in the 127 year history of the world’s original league football competition and, for the first time, each club will be presented with its own bespoke version in its individual playing colours, ahead of the new season, for it to retain in perpetuity.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx#YhiUJpd4ymtDliTA.99

Oh WOW, like totally awesome news guys! That should go a long way towards making up for letting the 72 league clubs get royally screwed over by Sky, The FA and The Premier League every year since 1992!

• EFL and BPL my arse
  • I quite like it, mainly because I think the current design and look is so bad, that anything is better.

The Premier League will be headline sponsor free from next season, which is a first for a while
  • EFL and BPL my arse

They sound like Irish terrorist organisations.
  • We wont be in the football league for much longer at this rate so it wont really matter to us.
  • iaitch said:

Maybe a they'll spend more money with an agency to rebrand it EFLIACOWC

English Football League Including A Couple Of Welsh Clubs

I think I visited EFLIACOWC on the north Welsh coast once
  • another step further away from the Premier League .. what acronym will the European League use when it's up and running for real in a few years time ? .. the EuFL?
  • About time too. The 'football league' is the English football league.
    The Scottish football league has existed for as long as i can remember. Time for us to identify ourselves.

Incidentaly the Welsh teams choose to play in the English league.
  • another step further away from the Premier League .. what acronym will the European League use when it's up and running for real in a few years time ? .. the EuFL?

EML European Mega League or something, either that or the Super League
  • Looks like a complete waste of time and money. The divisions keep their names anyway.
    It is not just the Premier League who are wantonly irresponsible in not working for the greater good of the sport generally, it seems the football league are intimidated by the premier league, and also don't mind overplaying their deference.
    With respect to them, Hartlepool United are unlikely to make the premier league anyway, but that dream is still available to them, meanwhile they keep on trucking as the reliable and decent institution they are, it would be great to see Hartlepool promoted as a good and positive thing rather than painted as no hopers. A club like Hartlepool ought to be celebrated for what they have, not what they lack, and what they and we actually have is pretty good actually.
    The Championship is not only the fourth highest attended football competition in the world, but actually the ninth highest attended competition in all world sport.
    Actually I would love to see the perennial top six or so of the premier league go off into a European super league, because then the rest of the English football competition as a whole would benefit in my view.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a pile of crap. The thing is the Football League was the original one. That's it. It doesn't need any embellishment.
    In the same way we just have QEII's bonce on our stamps and no country name. We don't care whether anybody knows which country the stamp comes from. Shows a degree of swagger and why not?
  • Seconded. It's a pile of crap.
  • Shit logo as well, looks like something from a gas & electricity supplier.
  • The new logo is just the fourth in the 127 year history of the world’s original league football competition and, for the first time, each club will be presented with its own bespoke version in its individual playing colours, ahead of the new season, for it to retain in perpetuity.
    But we won't need our bespoke logo next season, as we'll be in the Premier League anyway!
  • enquiries@football-league.co.uk tell them how bad it is I just have
  • pickwick said:

enquiries@football-league.co.uk tell them how bad it is I just have

What's the email address if you want to ask how much you can save on gas and electric with them?
  • EDL! EDL! EDL! EDL! EDL!

Oh wait.......
  • As it was the first league, what is wrong with The Football League or if you want to be all modern drop the "The" and abbreviate the rest to, FL
  • edited November 2015
    CTIGUK said:

It does look a bit like a logo you'd find on the top of a gas bill, and some have commented it is a touch too similar to the EDL... but I think this has definitely been undertaken to attract foreign audiences.

In the US, you won't find one person referring to the premier league as anything other than EPL or BPL, and it's also infinitely hashtaggable - so generic logo aside, the move makes sense, I think.

I wastrying to think of the perfect type of company it could be for and you have nailled it.
  • CTIGUK said:

It does look a bit like a logo you'd find on the top of a gas bill, and some have commented it is a touch too similar to the EDL... but I think this has definitely been undertaken to attract foreign audiences.

I wastrying to think of the perfect type of company it could be for and you have nailled it.
    Acctually it could aslo be a university logo.