Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Diarra

Hes been one of our best players in recent weeks, even when everyone else is playing badly.

Best moment for me on Saturday was when he passed the ball to Fox, who subsequently miss-passed back to the massives and Diarra screamed at him for f'ing it up.

Never stops yelling and motivating everyone, if he keeps it up, could be player of the season....

Comments

• CAFCTrev said:

Hes been one of our best players in recent weeks, even when everyone else is playing badly.

Best moment for me on Saturday was when he passed the ball to Fox, who subsequently miss-passed back to the massives and Diarra screamed at him for f'ing it up.

Never stops yelling and motivating everyone, if he keeps it up, could be player of the season....

Player of the Season is going to be interesting this year as no one seems to be running away with it...

Someone will have a good run of form and you'll think they'll run away with the award come the end of the season, they then go on and have a poor bit of form and somebody else comes to the fore, at the moment it could be:

- Alou Diarra... For comments already mentioned
    - Patrick Bauer... He started the season really well and for the moment when he dislocated his finger against Hull
    - Stephen Henderson... If he wins us a lot of points again
    - Johann Gudmundsson... If he goes on a run and plays like he did Saturday
    - Johnnie Jackson... For his trademark goals (I'd almost like to see him get it, simply for his Service over the years)

Finally I think there could be a bit of a dark horse at the moment in Reza Ghoochanniejad... On Saturday he showed he had the work-rate of a Midfielder with the positional sense and the finish of a Striker, he could become an important player if he stays fit
  • CAFCTrev said:

Player of the Season is going to be interesting this year as no one seems to be running away with it...

Someone will have a good run of form and you'll think they'll run away with the award come the end of the season, they then go on and have a poor bit of form and somebody else comes to the fore, at the moment it could be:

- Alou Diarra... For comments already mentioned
    - Patrick Bauer... He started the season really well and for the moment when he dislocated his finger against Hull
    - Stephen Henderson... If he wins us a lot of points again
    - Johann Gudmundsson... If he goes on a run and plays like he did Saturday
    - Johnnie Jackson... For his trademark goals (I'd almost like to see him get it, simply for his Service over the years)

Finally I think there could be a bit of a dark horse at the moment in Reza Ghoochanniejad... On Saturday he showed he had the work-rate of a Midfielder with the positional sense and the finish of a Striker, he could become an important player if he stays fit
    I went to the Southend friendly and we were sh*te for the majority of the game. Then with about 20 minutes left, Reza got thrown on and Ive never seen a player so motivated in a meaningless friendly. He was awesome. As soon as he came on he helped create 5 or 6 decent chances and a flurry of corners, our best spell in the whole game! He was the best player on the pitch for those 20 mins.

I thought then if he kept that up he could have a great season....
  • He was brilliant on Saturday. Yes he has been good in defence but he is so much better in the midfield. Last season he was bloody excellent but only Charlton can move someone who is playing really well into a different position.
  • POTY so far for me.
  • Greenie said:

POTY so far for me.

Same for me - absolute class.
  • edited November 2015
    I was at the MK Dons game and again he was one of our better players. He was getting visibly frustrated at his teammates quite often, almost like he couldnt understand why they werent playing with his commitment and determination. Hes the kind of player who can drag up the performance of everyone else around him.
  • My POTY by currently mile so far
  • He gave one of the best performances I have seen for a few years on Saturday.
  • edited November 2015
    Nicholas said:

He was brilliant on Saturday. Yes he has been good in defence but he is so much better in the midfield. Last season he was bloody excellent but only Charlton can move someone who is playing really well into a different position.

You don't think it might have something to do with his age, the hardship of playing back to back games in central midfield and trying to prolong his career? (and by doing so, retain a top professional on the staff to help nurture the youngsters?)

• Best player of the RD era in my opinion now....
  • Sponsored links:

• Key player for us if we've got any chance of getting out of this mess
  • This guy must have been some player in his prime .
  • CAFCTrev said:

Best player of the RD era in my opinion now....

I like him, but Henderson is their best signing.
  • se9addick said:

CAFCTrev said:

agree with this .. Diarra is a model pro and has been good whenever I have seen him .. as for Henderson (I'll digress) .. make him Captain if/when Jackson is not in the team.
    I noticed last week that Heaton, the Burnley keeper captained the side .. from his perspective he can see the whole field, even better than from the from the managerial bunker/box .. he spent a lot of time moving players around and calling the shots, all this to VERY experienced teammates
  • se9addick said:

CAFCTrev said:

Dunno he has been injured more than most...
  • se9addick said:

CAFCTrev said:

agree with this .. Diarra is a model pro and has been good whenever I have seen him .. as for Henderson (I'll digress) .. make him Captain if/when Jackson is not in the team.
    I noticed last week that Heaton, the Burnley keeper captained the side .. from his perspective he can see the whole field, even better than from the from the managerial bunker/box .. he spent a lot of time moving players around and calling the shots, all this to VERY experienced teammates
    Yes agree sit behind him and he oozes confidence.
    When he was missing last season it was no coincidence we had a bad run.
    Missed him big time at the beginning of the season he gives confidence to his defence. When pope had a few mishaps you could see it effecting the players.
    If he started the season I believe we would at least be mid table maybe higher.
    Forever also has a valid point about the amount of games he's missed. Maybe that's why he is still with us as a keeper worth his salt seems to forever present.
    Diarra is class though and pleasure to watch, even better maybe with someone creative alongside him ( wishful thinking )
  • opened this thinking somebody'd had some dodgy turkey!
  • I know he hasn't been firing on all cylinders recently, but Gudmundsson is still the best player of the RD reign for me. By quite some way.
  • Reza is god

Last season definitely.
    This season though is not a patch on last season. His shooting has been the most disappointing part of his game this season.
    Still a fan but needs a good game soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Salad said:

opened this thinking somebody'd had some dodgy turkey!

And some dodgy spelling
  • cafctom said:

I know he hasn't been firing on all cylinders recently, but Gudmundsson is still the best player of the RD reign for me. By quite some way.

I preferred Tony Watt on his day , which obviously wasn't enough