Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good old Danny Murphy!

13»

Comments

• Options
    He might indeed be a complete dick as a person, but he wanted Charlton to do well and compete. Coincided with the time that Curbs completely lost interest (along with the England manager nonsense)

I believe he was sick of playing eleven men behind the ball with players such as Bent, Rommedahl and Smertin in the team. Especially when they'd shown what they could do early on in that season.

Wasting talent and complete lack of ambition is also why Smertin left. Even Bartlett made a similar comment when he went.
  • Options

I actually like him as a pundit.

I do as well, talks a lot of sense.

Wonder if he will ever go on to management?
  • Options

I actually like him as a pundit.

I do as well, talks a lot of sense.

Wonder if he will ever go on to management?
    Not unless he's trying the Sol Campbell approach of spending his time doing anything other than coaching then bitch on because you haven't been offered a Premier League managers job!
  • Options

Was a washed-up nobody in the Norwich reserves before Curbs put him on the map.
    Nowadays, he is a washed-up nobody.

You're thinking of Danny Mills.
    ross1 said:

If you are thinking of Danny Mills, I do not believe he can be described as a washed-up nobody

Mills is a patron of Shine (formerly the Association for Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus), and has raised money for the charity since the death of his son Archie from the condition in 2002. He has also appeared on BBC Five Live's Fighting Talk. Mills now acts as a regular pundit and commentator (often alongside Alan Green) for BBC Radio Five Live's coverage of the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Champions League and England national football team matches.

In 2010 he competed in the Brighton Marathon in a wheelchair to raise money for Shine and the National Association of Disabled Supporters, completing the race in two hours, 43 minutes.

Danny was a runner up, along with Michael Underwood, on the 2012 series of Celebrity MasterChef. He was beaten by Emma Kennedy in a closely contested final.

In the summer of 2013, Mills along with Leeds United goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown rowed the English Channel in a rowing boat for charity, to raise awareness of Melanoma skin cancer, in memory of former Leeds United fitness coach Bruce Craven, who died of the disease aged 32.

I was referring to when we bought him from Norwich, what you have mentioned is very commendable and respect where it is due.
  • Options
    He still got himself sent off on purpose so he could have Christmas at home though.
    Glad he's making up for it now.
  • Options

Was a washed-up nobody in the Norwich reserves before Curbs put him on the map.
    Nowadays, he is a washed-up nobody.

You're thinking of Danny Mills.
    ross1 said:

If you are thinking of Danny Mills, I do not believe he can be described as a washed-up nobody

Mills is a patron of Shine (formerly the Association for Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus), and has raised money for the charity since the death of his son Archie from the condition in 2002. He has also appeared on BBC Five Live's Fighting Talk. Mills now acts as a regular pundit and commentator (often alongside Alan Green) for BBC Radio Five Live's coverage of the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Champions League and England national football team matches.

In 2010 he competed in the Brighton Marathon in a wheelchair to raise money for Shine and the National Association of Disabled Supporters, completing the race in two hours, 43 minutes.

Danny was a runner up, along with Michael Underwood, on the 2012 series of Celebrity MasterChef. He was beaten by Emma Kennedy in a closely contested final.

In the summer of 2013, Mills along with Leeds United goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown rowed the English Channel in a rowing boat for charity, to raise awareness of Melanoma skin cancer, in memory of former Leeds United fitness coach Bruce Craven, who died of the disease aged 32.

I was referring to when we bought him from Norwich, what you have mentioned is very commendable and respect where it is due.
    I believe Kevin Nolan did that a couple of times when he was playing at West Ham.
  • Options
    Loved Murphy when he was at Charlton, my only reason for disliking him now would be that I thought we were looking great that season until him and Smertin left. Quite like him as a pundit
  • Options
    George Graham always used to say that he would never sign a player who thought that he was 'stepping down', as they would always feel that they were doing you a favour.

You can't help feeling that that was part of the problem with Danny Murphy, even though I actually quite liked him.

The other part of the problem was that he was the kind of player that you had to build a team around, as he couldn't play in a midfield two and couldn't play out wide either as he had no pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

He still got himself sent off on purpose so he could have Christmas at home though.
    Glad he's making up for it now.

I thought that was Danny Mills
  • Options
    boggzy said:

He might indeed be a complete dick as a person, but he wanted Charlton to do well and compete. Coincided with the time that Curbs completely lost interest (along with the England manager nonsense)

I believe he was sick of playing eleven men behind the ball with players such as Bent, Rommedahl and Smertin in the team. Especially when they'd shown what they could do early on in that season.

Wasting talent and complete lack of ambition is also why Smertin left. Even Bartlett made a similar comment when he went.

Yep, flaming Curbs.
    Always falling out with players, being cautious and er, losing interest.
    Should have won the league playing like Brazil with that side.
  • Options

Loved Murphy when he was at Charlton, my only reason for disliking him now would be that I thought we were looking great that season until him and Smertin left. Quite like him as a pundit

Remind me was that the season when we beat Pompey away 2-1 (or it may have been 2-0)....early on in the season.