Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

View from a massive fan on promotion from league 1

edited November 2015 in General Charlton
My slight irk (wouldn't call it a grudge) with them stems from the utterly shameful display of gamesmanship / cheating when we played them at home in our promotion season.
Beforehand the feeling was that whoever won would be strong certs for automatic promotion.
They won that game and that was their springboard to cruise the league.
We struggled on for a bit but the manner in which we won promotion that season in the end was far more satisfying than romping away in top spot.
In a strange way, they did us - and Sheffield football history - a big favour that day.

Really ?????

Comments

• Tinpot

The one that they paraded around Sheffield.
  • My slight irk (wouldn't call it a grudge) with them stems from the utterly shameful display of gamesmanship / cheating when we played them at home in our promotion season.
    Beforehand the feeling was that whoever won would be strong certs for automatic promotion.
    They won that game and that was their springboard to cruise the league.
    We struggled on for a bit but the manner in which we won promotion that season in the end was far more satisfying than romping away in top spot.
    In a strange way, they did us - and Sheffield football history - a big favour that day.

Really ?????

Of course we did, we allowed them to have an open top bus for second place.
  • Forrestieri is a disgrace. He got sent off for a second yellow due to diving when he played us at the valley for Watford a while back, should have got the same thing yesterday.
  • edited November 2015
    Sounds like a win win situation if you'll excuse the business speak. On with the forward planning and thinking outside the box.
  • What a fascinating re-writing of history. We were already 4 points clear before we played them, and they were down to 4th place after the result.
    He's also forgetting the role that Sheffield United's dreadful end of season form had in their promotion.
  • Very strange thing to say. But then I've always thought most SWFC fans were pricks.
  • Huskaris said:

Forrestieri is a disgrace. He got sent off for a second yellow due to diving when he played us at the valley for Watford a while back, should have got the same thing yesterday.

Forrestieri went up to the referee waving an imaginary yellow card after after a tackle. He then made a really poor challenge on Ba, I was pleased to see Reza follow through shortly after and make a really strong tackle on Forrestieri, (over near the west stand side) which took his legs away. Reza really deserved a booking for that but referee wisely didn't. Forresteiri did actually managed to get Ba booked by kicking the ball against him after a free kick as he was standing a bit close. What a charmless nerk of a player. Forrestieri was very close to be sent off yesterday, lots of horrible nasty challenges. I was surprised to see him still be on the pitch at the end of the match.
  • Glad to see, that I was not the only one, wound up by that little ????!
  • Yeah I agree with Wednesday...

We didnt deserve a single goal... should have won that match 2-0 when Clarke had his shot saved when he was clear on the Goalkeeper