Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help re tomorrow's game

Hi, heavy rain down in Devon means my three sons have no football tomorrow morning so we've made the rather rash decision to come to the valley. We get to away games in the west country but we've not been to a home game since the Bournemouth game at the start of the league one promotion campaign The youngest, whose 10, has never been to the valley and is fit to burst :)

We are all well aware of our current form and are fully expecting to get spanked but with 3 sporty boys this is a rare window of opportunity.

As its last minute I just wanted to check

A) that tickets will be on sale on the day
B) the boys want to go in the north upper, will there be plenty of seats available, will people sit down ( the 10yo will want to see) or is it a bad idea and be better elsewhere
C). I used to be a west stand season ticket holder and have never bought a ticket on the day before, is there a separate ticket office for the north stand, cash only or can I pay by card, queues? How long should I allow?
D) protest in the west stand car park, is it best to avoid with youngsters?

Any advice gratefully received ( other than don't come as I've already shelled out for the train tickets!)

Comments

• Hi,

Yes loads of tickets available on the day, You can get tickets outside northstand. Standing is normally back 15 rows if that and the rest is seated.

There is cash and card queues. Get there for about 2ish,

Gonna be a weird day tomorrow.

Sorry you witness a 4-0 defeat.

Hope you enjoy your day.
  • edited November 2015
    Good to see you responding to Karel Fraeye's battle cry.
    Enjoy the game, but be prepared for copious expletives from… well everywhere.

Edit: you will probably hear me. I'll be swearing my head off looking at the match thread from here in Yorkshire.
  • If it helps, north upper Block J, standing starts about row hh/jj, so in front of that is fine
  • Hope you and your boys have a good day Inmot. This sprout of positivity is nice to hear given the last few months
  • Best wishes to you, and a safe journey.
    Come and join the opposition to RD, if you see fit to oppose. No aggro, one hopes - we're better than that. Would like to think young and old(er) alike could / would join in.
    CAFC = Fans, United. Cheer along, do, but if you wish for better, seek better.
    We don't have to put up with mediocrity. We're not a mediocre club.
  • With 3 young kids I would say avoid the north upper today. Reckon the atmosphere will be poison.
  • Hope you and your boys gave a safe journey and a great day.
  • Block C/D in the North West Quadrant may do the job mate. Not far from the 'atmosphere' but you also won't be hindered by any standing. Fair play for coming along by the way.
  • I thought the editor of this post was going to be Karel Fraeye with the title Help for tomorrow's game.
    Have a great day shame about the whether, that is will we see a game of football at long last, and the weather it is peeing down at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Well that's a decision I don't regret :)

Thanks for all the helpful comments

Ended up in the north upper, 10 year old now has a whole new vocabulary:).

Alou Diarra, what a player, he was immense!

Mate, look at the facts. You need to come more often!!
  • Or maybe it's the 10 year old that needs to come more often :-)