Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I love the football experience

But it doesn't have to be at Charlton. And that is the conundrum that needs to be resolved.
I'm happy to go back to non league football and return to my first football love the wonderful Slough Town. Come on you Rebels!
Although Charlton under competent stewardship would be preferable.

Comments

• Agree. To me football is literally about the football, the rest it of you make yourself at the pub, on the way to the match, and after with banter with your mates etc. Our club seems to be focusing on everything bar the one thing we care about, 100% effort on the pitch and sheer competitiveness to get out the league the right way; and if we're not good enough, so be it we try again next season.

Non-League may be the way for me for a bit too. They need the ticket money and it's good to see raw talented players trying their best.
  • So when the going get tough, the weak get going

Not really, I think Charlton fans have put up with a lot over the years, people just get fed up, there's always a breaking point for people, and when your support is taken for granted it just irks people.

I'm sure there's lots of other worthy things people can do with their time, and it makes me angry that we are fannying around with gimmicks instead of running this football club properly.

Not really, I think Charlton fans have put up with a lot over the years, people just get fed up, there's always a breaking point for people, and when your support is taken for granted it just irks people.

I'm sure there's lots of other worthy things people can do with their time, and it makes me angry that we are fannying around with gimmicks instead of running this football club properly.

Oi !!

Hands off my gimmicks !

As much as I hate what Duchatelet is doing I will not stop going and if we all thought like those above the club would die, sad times though
  • Probably better football being played at Bromley at the moment.

As much as I hate what Duchatelet is doing I will not stop going and if we all thought like those above the club would die, sad times though
    But I stopped going to see Slough town to watch Charlton. Who am I betraying by returning to my first football love?
    It's complicated isn't it?
  • iainment said:

So when the going get tough, the weak get going

But I stopped going to see Slough town to watch Charlton. Who am I betraying by returning to my first football love?
    You betrayed Slough you cad, but at least you can't be accused of being a glory hunter. People say you never get over your first love and that is probably true
  • drewman said:

Probably better football being played at Bromley at the moment.

By who? Whoever Bromley are playing?
  • iainment said:

So when the going get tough, the weak get going

Not really. You're a Slough fan. Nothing wrong with that, not at all.

But you can't be both. Not really. It's a heart/gut thing, and deep down you always know what you are.

FACT!