Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland has a Road to Damascus Moment

The Conversion of Roland on the Road to Charlton verses 3 to 22

The Charlton Road: Roland Converted
3 As he journeyed he came near Floyd Road, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Roland, Roland why are you persecuting us?”
5 And he said, “Who are You,?”
Then the voice said, “I am the Spirit of Charlton supporters, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”
6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Spirit what do You want me to do?”
Then the voice said to him, “Arise and go into the stadium, and you will be told what you must do, but beware of the potholes.”
7 And the lady Judas who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one. 8 Then Roland arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But led him by the hand and brought him into the office of Judas. 9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank as the catering facilities were only open on a Saturday.

Airman saves Roland
10 Now there was a certain disciple at the Valley named Airman; and to him the Spirit said in a vision, “Airman.”
And he said, “Here I am, Spirit.”
11 So the Spirit said to him, “Arise and go to the Valley in the street called Floyd Road, and inquire at the office of Judas for one called Roland of Belgium, for behold, he is praying. 12 And in a vision he has seen a man named Airman coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”
13 Then Airman answered, “Spirit, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to our people from the Valley. 14 And here he has authority to bind all who are called Interim Football Managers.”
15 But the Spirit said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel to bear my name before all our opponents whether the Nigels, Spanners or pond life from Bermondsey 16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for Charlton Supporters’ sake.”
17 And Airman went his way and entered the office of the Judas; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Roland, the Spirit of Charlton Supporters who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Charlton Way.” 18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was blessed.
19 So when he sent out for a McDonalds, for it was not yet Saturday, and Judas returned with a Big Mak he was strengthened. Then Roland spent some days with the supporters after organising a meeting at the Valley.

Roland Preaches The Charlton Way
20 Immediately he preached the Charlton Way from the directors box.
21 Then all who heard were amazed, and said, “Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Belgium, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the way of the Network?”
22 But Roland increased all the more in strength, and confounded the supporters who dwelt in Floyd Road and met with them frequently that he might have wisdom of the Charlton Way and become the Chosen One.

Comments

• The pigs are in the air again.

Great read. Brings some light relief at the right time.
  • I was going to say someones spent too long in the pub , :-0
    But no ,seriously well written (Grumpy may have to counter challenge by coming out of retirement).