Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The questions, anger and worry grow at Charlton Athletic and so far there have been no answers - SLP

"The defeats keep coming. The problems keep mounting. The fans’ fear and anger intensify. The answers to the growing list of questions remain unanswered. The situation grows ever more grim with each defeat.
Charlton are in a total mess. And that is a polite way of putting it."

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114314&headline=The questions, anger and worry grow at Charlton Athletic - and so far there have been no answers&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

Comments

• Well said, it's up to us to do our best to get our club back. RD, KM and Carol go home.
  • Excellent article.
  • Another cracking article from Crawley there.
  • Good article, and there's a very good point in there about who we could get in. I keep people saying 'why would x come here', but the answer is that we're still a Championship club with a decent stadium and training ground and some decent players. There's very few unemployed managers who would totally turn their noses up at us even with Roland there. All the more reason to get a proper manager in

Its Cawley.
  • Good article Richard
  • dickplumb said:

Another cracking article from Crawley there.

Its Cawley.
    Oops, got him mixed up with the England, Hampshire, and Lancashire batsman and occasional Wicket Keeper John Crawley.
  • dickplumb said:

Another cracking article from Crawley there.

Its Cawley.
    Oops, got him mixed up with Mrs Crawley from Downton Abbey.
    corrected for you ;-)

• another good article ... the more the media catches on to this, the better
  • Sponsored links:

• superb article, nail on the head
  • Well written.
  • Great article - big fan of Cawley.
  • A fortnight ago I was critical of the local press for not getting involved. Full credit to them for piling in now. Expect them to be banned from the club within a few weeks ... it's the favoured move of despot chairmen in English football

Its Cawley.

Oops, got him mixed up with Mrs Crawley from Paul Downton Abbey.

corrected for you ;-)

• It's not surprising that there are few fans left in the Upper West. The club has banned less able supporters from using the lift from the West Stand reception, supposedly on grounds of health and safety. They have however allowed some to use the 'service' lift instead.

I suspect it has a lot more to do with the fact that they don't want these people walking through their nice shiny new Vista Lounge, rather than for health and safety reasons.

It's a disgusting way to treat long standing fans.
  • I really do hope they ban the press.

Now that really will get the media's attention, they would be all over that kind treatment of their own.

Bring it on
  • Excellent article.

Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• SLP really having a go.

What is surprising is that for so long the SLP has been used by KM and previous boards as their go to paper for getting news out there.

Now, a paper that they would have considered friendly is being the most active in criticising the regime, highlighting the problems and publicising dissent.

I wonder if KM did something to upset them?

Hung around, maybe?

Now that really will get the media's attention, they would be all over that kind treatment of their own.

Bring it on

They are not that daft, surely?

Bring it on

Can't imagine they'd be that silly, sends out all the wrong signals.
  • Wow @Addickted2TheReds, great stuff - top drawer fella.
  • sm said:

I really do hope they ban the press.

Bring it on

They are not that daft, surely?
    Really? Of course they are. And banning newspapers is the trend among crappy owners. Which is bizarre as it only antagonises the media, makes the owner look stupid and as if they have something to hide, and doesn't actually change a thing re coverage
  • It's not surprising that there are few fans left in the Upper West. The club has banned less able supporters from using the lift from the West Stand reception, supposedly on grounds of health and safety. They have however allowed some to use the 'service' lift instead.

I suspect it has a lot more to do with the fact that they don't want these people walking through their nice shiny new Vista Lounge, rather than for health and safety reasons.

It's a disgusting way to treat long standing fans.

They are two pretty disgusting people.
  • edited November 2015
    With the rise in media interest, surely a good time to support the 2.30 protest. Nobody is claiming ownership and journos may want sound bites. Everyone who is unhappy should attend and show unity in one issue, we are not happy.

I will rally behind the the 'Down with this sort of thing' banner.