Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments you Shouldn't make to your mates

Bloke in the City this morning on the way to work, having a conversation on the phone with a (probably now ex-)mate and sharing it with the passing world: 'it's ok but it doesn't compare to all the others...what, you've bought one ?'

Comments

• Well it could have been a Skoda!
  • edited November 2015

You didn't tell me what a good shag my sister is

or that...
  • This thread seems to have run its course pretty quickly. Great job.
  • It was pretty inevitable
  • It hurts quite a bit at first but you'll get used to the feeling pretty quickly
  • At the end of a long night out last week, I was trying to highlight how attractive I find the actress Rachel McAdams. I somehow managed to contrive the words "My mate Matt's wife looks like her, goes to show how fit she is; that's the only friend I'd cheat on!"

The table of married friends took this in a variety of offensive ways. I've been cringing about it ever since.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

At the end of a long night out last week, I was trying to highlight how attractive I find the actress Rachel McAdams. I somehow managed to contrive the words "My mate Matt's wife looks like her, goes to show how fit she is; that's the only friend I'd cheat on!"

The table of married friends took this in a variety of offensive ways. I've been cringing about it ever since.

Join the club. I could probably write a book about the number of 'I'll get my coat' and cringeworthy things I've said and done.
    Your only hope is to try to restore some kind of cosmic balance with good stuff.

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

At the end of a long night out last week, I was trying to highlight how attractive I find the actress Rachel McAdams. I somehow managed to contrive the words "My mate Matt's wife looks like her, goes to show how fit she is; that's the only friend I'd cheat on!"

Its often the case that people who have big gobs on the internet are often timid things in real life.

Sounds like you are not that case though. :-)

Edit to put a smiley in in case any offence taken...

• Hi Everyone I am a Charlton Fan.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Don't know Matt or his wife, but if she looks like Rachel McAdams she's a definite 8/10.

Not worth a would ya though.
  • "Your daughter is very attractive, when's her 16th birthday?"
  • edited November 2015
    For those like me who just had to quickly Google... If that were my sister I'd be a Norwich Fan ;)