Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A night at the museum

Another great evening at The Valley. Few and far between these days. This time it was the museum lads putting on a session about 'the last game at The Valley', with footage of the spontaneous demo at half time (no social media required) and an audio tape reporting it all. Plenty of nostalgia and some faces not seen for many years.

The second half was Steve Sutherland talking about himself and his career. His favourite subject

Comments

• Glad you liked it.

Both were good events.

Love the tour of Japan story and seeing Tavern with a mullet.

Decent turn out too.

Shame the bloody lift broke.
  • At least I wasn't in the bloody thing this time. I could do with the exercise.
  • Brilliant evening. Thank you Ben, Clive, Ian et all. I will write more tomorrow.

But be proud. Great night.
  • Great night at the Museum, lightened my mood from all the doom and gloom at present.
    Making it's premier:the restored John Hewie Jacket and Cap, The guest speakers with the tape of the last game at the Valley donated to the museum tonight.
    And Steve Sutherland.
  • CharltonAthMuseum ‏@CHATHMuseum 35m35 minutes ago Stevenage, England
    Museum closed today due to technical issues I am afraid, on the upside our elevator is one step closer to becoming an historic exhibit!
  • Blimey, Ben's aged...
  • Curb_It said:

Brilliant evening. Thank you Ben, Clive, Ian et all. I will write more tomorrow.

But be proud. Great night.

Thanks B. The spread was spot on.
  • Blimey, Ben's aged...

Oi!
  • Sponsored links:

• CharltonAthMuseum ‏@CHATHMuseum 35m35 minutes ago Stevenage, England
    Museum closed today due to technical issues I am afraid, on the upside our elevator is one step closer to becoming an historic exhibit!

Worse than the ticket office :smiley:
  • Brilliant evening! Well done Chaps
  • Nights like last night are very special and brings it all back and so proud we are able to attend events like this.
    I can honestly say I sat there through the presentations that were very good and then to be able to see the past again via the video presentation was really amazing.
  • Thanks for all the positive comments about the event, we are definitely planning more, great to get some program space today Ollie and also a slot on Charlton Live tomorrow night.