Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell out

Looks like Chris has been sacked by Huddersfield. Feel really bad for the guy but he probably needs to drop down to league 1 and get more experience, don't think Roly would ever consider having him back here.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    This kinda reminds of Christmas dinner... Your all sitting around the table talking, then all of a sudden grandad wakes up from his nap, makes some random comment from an earlier conversation then falls back to sleep again leaving everyone bewildered
  • Oh sorry, completely been off it for hours. Please sink then.
  • I'd have him back but don't think he would work with Roland again
  • Nozred said:

Oh sorry, completely been off it for hours. Please sink then.

Bit early to be off it isnt it?
  • I'd love to see Chris Powell back. Not only did he bring us stability but also success and he did it in his first permanent management position within the game, still one of only seven English clubs to clear the 100-point barrier at any level. It was so unfair to judge him on those last few months given what was going on behind the scenes and the lack of games, he knew what was coming, he was dead-set against the model and knew it wouldn't work and fought hard for his cause before refusing to walk out on us. He also took us to 9th in the championship on a nothing budget, anyone who says this man has finished his business with us is a muppet.

Reality is though he won't come back and work under this owner and who could blame him? I do believe Chrissy will be back at CAFC one day but it won't be anytime soon if this carries on and it's clear from the things I know RD isn't in the camp of listening to anyone who currently resides in London so we can forget this.

Nice dream to go to sleep on tonight, reality kicks in in the morning.
  • Situation for Powell at Huddersfield not dis-similar to at Charlton. Injuries, no transfer cash, players sold over his head, sounds like he walked away as much mutually as sacked.
  • New hudds manager took dortmund reserves to relegation last season.I hope they go down the tossers