Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fighting a battle

I go to charlton quiet regularly with my 3 young sons but I fear they are swaying to other London side as they are showing interest in West Ham and arsenal. As a father we want the best for our children apart from who they support, with the resent rubbish on the pitch and the crap in the board room...do I let them free?

Comments

• Have them adopted.
  • stick 'em on ebay
  • Play them the Centenary DVD... Remind them what Charlton are about

Then watch as they frog march in a line to the West Stand @ 2:30pm on Saturday
  • Tell them we are the away team and the owner changes our shirt colour every week.

This will only work if their under 5 and believe in Father Christmas.
  • Don't give up the fight mate.
    Getting season tickets for my son and I was the best thing I've done.
    The time we spend together going to football, happy and sad for me is priceless.
    Not sure we would have gone if it was a different club.
    It's just a blip.
  • Whats the definition of blip?

• Chance of a life lesson. They have to stick with things, through thick and thin. If they stay away then I could understand. But not if they go to another club.
  • timken said:

Whats the definition of blip?

Disaster!

Just trying to cheer him up.
  • Play them the Centenary DVD... Remind them what Charlton are about

Then watch as they frog march in a line to the West Stand @ 2:30pm on Saturday

this
  • fenn3098 said:

I go to charlton quiet regularly with my 3 young sons but I fear they are swaying to other London side as they are showing interest in West Ham and arsenal. As a father we want the best for our children apart from who they support, with the resent rubbish on the pitch and the crap in the board room...do I let them free?

No, No, No, No, No!!! If you have to suffer, then so do they!!

Personally if my kids decided to support another team I would not allow any memorabilia from that team(s) in my house. They can have all that when they move out.
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

Chance of a life lesson. They have to stick with things, through thick and thin. If they stay away then I could understand. But not if they go to another club.

Agree with this... There will be difficult times ahead for them when they're adults, if they going gets tough at work and they don't like it, they wont be able to just get up and walk away, same with marriage