Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Obviously I meant Kevin. Apologies.
  • very good
  • Excellent write up, especially like:

You'd find more passion at a spelling bee. Mind you, they can get a bit heated at times. Especially if one of the contestants is American and insists on a colonial dictionary, in which case the letter "u" largely bites the dust.
  • edited November 2015
    Was there last night. Pretty much what my post match report would say if had any writing talent and could spel. Spot on.
  • reckon Kevin will be there at 2.30 on saturday
  • Sums it up nicely. If only KM could read.
  • Me old travelling companion nails it as always. "Kevin Nolan has nothing but contempt for that kind of affectation" - genius!
  • Very good
  • "Or am I the only one who, as we head for the buffers, catches the strains of mad music drifting over from Belgium, where our absentee emperor can be heard fiddling as his South London guinea pigs burn?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Kevin Nolan is a fantastic wordsmith. And love the Bob Dylan reference at the end.
  • Love that article, everything he writes about us is always spot on. Man after my own heart Nolan is. You've gotta laugh else you'll be weeping inconsolably in the corner of the pub while the barmaid's on the phone to the police.
  • Excellent piece.
  • Top class journalism from a real Charlton man.
  • Superb writing
  • Read and weep - Liddle
  • A work of art. Great piece of writing.
  • That's the best 1 yet. Superb
  • Excellent piece of journalism.
  • Worrying thing for me is, I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet. We're going to get properly taken apart, like 6 or 7 nil, vs on of Sheff W or Ipswich yet, imho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nailed on.

Needs to be forwarded to KM and RD as a matter of urgency. Forgot about Nigel Peasron being available.....now that would be interesting.
  • We can always rely on Kevin to tell it like it is.
  • Worrying thing for me is, I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet. We're going to get properly taken apart, like 6 or 7 nil, vs on of Sheff W or Ipswich yet, imho.

Agreed
  • Read and weep - Liddle

Whilst Kevin's piece is very good it is generally limited to those who both support Charlton or live in the surrounding borough.

Rod Liddle's piece has the potential for a wider audience and those who are offended by his slights against a rival team and their supporters are missing the main message he is portraying of a failing Duchatelet experiment.

In general our media coverage is poor at best or non existent with little or no coverage in the papers and on Sky and I for one welcome his (Liddle's) piece and believe it was well written.

The issue of Charlton being run by a rich guy who happens to come from Belgium and destroying the soul of the club is what is the most important worry, far more that the results (at this point of our history) I would suggest. Results sometimes mask the clubs intent and as we all know under this regime we are on a slippery slope as they are hoping upon hope survival until such time talented youngsters can be either sold at a profit of take us to a higher level with the riches it brings.

We should all take our angst out on those who really are hurting the fans which is far more constructive.

• Read and weep - Liddle

Whilst Kevin's piece is very good it is generally limited to those who both support Charlton or live in the surrounding borough.

Rod Liddle's piece has the potential for a wider audience and those who are offended by his slights against a rival team and their supporters are missing the main message he is portraying of a failing Duchatelet experiment.

In general our media coverage is poor at best or non existent with little or no coverage in the papers and on Sky and I for one welcome his (Liddle's) piece and believe it was well written.

The issue of Charlton being run by a rich guy who happens to come from Belgium and destroying the soul of the club is what is the most important worry, far more that the results (at this point of our history) I would suggest. Results sometimes mask the clubs intent and as we all know under this regime we are on a slippery slope as they are hoping upon hope survival until such time talented youngsters can be either sold at a profit of take us to a higher level with the riches it brings.

We should all take our angst out on those who really are hurting the fans which is far more constructive.

My comment was primarily directed to highlight the difference between Liddles attempt at writing with humour and the genuine thing. The audience in this respect is irrelevent

• Read and weep - Liddle

My comment was primarily directed to highlight the difference between Liddles attempt at writing with humour and the genuine thing. The audience in this respect is irrelevent

Mmmmm............." Read and weep" says so much.......................didn't realise
  • "Duchatelet's reaction to the problems confronting Guy Luzon was to replace him with yet another of the "Gissa job" mendicants who drift within his organisation waiting for some poor sod to get the bullet, then make themselves available to step inside his shoes."

Priceless prose from a master