Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Only hope?

Get Curbs back tomorrow

Comments

• Zzzzzzz
    We may as well get Andy Nelson back as well
  • Greenie said:

Zzzzzzz

Surely Lennie can't enjoy living up t'north.
  • And this is why the reactions are so disjointed, stupid and laughable
  • whoosh
  • I would love to see him back but would anyone want to see him put up with the shit from upstairs the man's a legend but wouldn't last the season with this bellend running the show
  • Obi Wan Kenobi
  • Why do you want a manger that has not had a job for years? I for one would not want him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do you want a manger that has not had a job for years? I for one would not want him back.

Because he a really good manager. Because he has done better than every manager since, put together.
  • but there is no way in hell he would work under the present owners so it aint going to happen.
  • I don't know why everyone keeps saying bring curbs back? He was good for us before yes, but he was working under a regime that he could trust and vice verser, he was giving full control of the team and staff around him (a manager) plus he was with us for years and was in a routine. He was given every chance to succeed and all the support and backing he asked for.

Now he hasn't coached in years, he wouldn't work well under this regime because they wouldn't make him manager, he wouldn't get any say, he can't chop and change the squad and make his own buys, he wouldn't be allowed to bring in his own coaching team it would be a shambles.

Not only would curbs not take the job if offered to him he would be crazy to. There is no way he would succeed at Charlton now and he would lose his hero status.
  • I don't know why everyone keeps saying bring curbs back? He was good for us before yes, but he was working under a regime that he could trust and vice verser, he was giving full control of the team and staff around him (a manager) plus he was with us for years and was in a routine. He was given every chance to succeed and all the support and backing he asked for.

Now he hasn't coached in years, he wouldn't work well under this regime because they wouldn't make him manager, he wouldn't get any say, he can't chop and change the squad and make his own buys, he wouldn't be allowed to bring in his own coaching team it would be a shambles.

Not only would curbs not take the job if offered to him he would be crazy to. There is no way he would succeed at Charlton now and he would lose his hero status.

The problem is that many of these arguments could be applied to any candidate with appropriate experience. RD overpromotes people - Meire, obviously - in order to ensure their total obedience, with the consequence they are not up to the job.

The problem is that many of these arguments could be applied to any candidate with appropriate experience. RD overpromotes people - Meire, obviously - in order to ensure their total obedience, with the consequence they are not up to the job.
    Yes entirely agree with you but when a manger (head coach) is bought in and fails it affects their portfolio and popularity I wouldn't wish that on curbs some random we have no loyalty towards is different.
  • edited November 2015
    I always though that Belgium were a democratic country, then why have we an owner from Belgium running the club as a dictatorship with his small band of Politburo 'lackies'? As much as I would love to see Curbs back or another UK manager, no-one will work under the above conditions and be successful......sadly.

This 100% , the man has only managed two clubs and not been able to get a managers job in the past 7-8 years. Would come back to us now and work under RD regime because no other club wants him.

• The only way Curbs would be back at Charlton is as joint owner, maybe with Varney, heading up a consortium. That would do me.

Come on Varney, you know the money men, make a move.
  • Ten point reduction for everyone bar us. Not sure that would be enough though.
  • Greenie said:

Zzzzzzz

Great, attacking football. Are Killer and Flash available too? And Paddy on the wing? Can play same defence though - just need to win 4-3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

The only way Curbs would be back at Charlton is as joint owner, maybe with Varney, heading up a consortium. That would do me.

Yeah he bought us slater and jiminez, that worked out well.
  • Davo55 said:

The only way Curbs would be back at Charlton is as joint owner, maybe with Varney, heading up a consortium. That would do me.

Varney is busy trying to get ebbsfleet out of the conference south and curbs is happy taking a pay cheque at Fulham. They would both be crazy to come back to charlton under Roland
  • Davo55 said:

Yeah we ended up with a manager liked by most of the fans, a team of players that died for the cause, and promotion from League One...

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a great fan of the Slater/Jiminez double act, they made some very poor decisions behind the scenes, but sometimes there's a case for better the devil you know.
  • Blinkant said:

Davo55 said:

Varney is busy trying to get ebbsfleet out of the conference south and curbs is happy taking a pay cheque at Fulham. They would both be crazy to come back to charlton under Roland
    Not under Roland, instead of him.
  • Davo55 said:

Fair point Sadie, but he did a lot of good for Charlton too and I think he could again.
  • CHRIS POWELL IS ON HIS WAY TO THE VALLEY NOW.
  • timken said:

CHRIS POWELL IS ON HIS WAY TO THE VALLEY NOW.

What is he stopping by the Peak District on his way home?
  • Going back to a different era and expecting miracles wouldn't work for AC or the club, much as we hope it would. And why would he come back? Everything to lose with almost no chance of success given what he would have to work with (on and off the pitch)