Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top 10: Charlton Athletic goals in the BPL

Stumbled across this earlier. Let's make sure we get back there.

Top 10: Charlton Athletic goals in the BPL

Watch the Addicks' best Barclays Premier League goals, including memorable efforts from Shaun Bartlett and Kevin Lisbie

http://bcove.me/k3egcgju

Comments

• Would have had Claus 2nd
  • Feel quite rueful watching that given where we are today.

Kevin Lisbie's hattrick was superb. Such a shame he didn't push on.
  • They're rubbing it in aren't they....
  • I hate the Abbreviation BPL.

That's all.

Me too. Copy and paste job from me I'm afraid.
  • Just watched it. Great memories. Oh for another Jensen or Parker....
  • edited November 2015
    Love that Danny Mills goal, was sat right behind the goal when that went in, soaked to the skin, down to 10 men, Stevie Brown in goal, 3-3 and must win to take our relegation fight to the last match. Thought to myself 'why the f*** is Mills taking this?!?' (we still had Kinsella on the pitch for example). Then it flew in via 2 deflections and we all went absolutely ape shit. God knows how hard he must have hit for it to still be traveling so fast after 2 deflections. Probably not really one of our best strikes because of the deflections but one of my absolute favourite Charlton moments, right up there with the play-off final a year earlier. Thought there was no way we could go down after putting up such a fight vs Villa, but sadly I think they used every last drop of fuel they had left that afternoon.

Does make it look like Parker and Jensen scored all our good goals which isn't true, so which ones are they missing?

Kins vs Southampton (personal favourite of mine, probably not on many lists)?
    Konch vs Blackburn?
    JJ's brace of overhead kicks vs West Ham?
    Dennis in the last minute?
    Holland vs Everton?

Anymore?
  • Would have had Claus 2nd

Think his goal vs Arsenal is arguably better than Bartlett's. Both brilliant strikes, but its the imagination and audacity to even try Jensen's effort that makes it stick out. I have to admit, I massively unappreciated him at the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• JJ vs Coventry was his best
  • It's the best goal I have ever seen scored by a Charlton player lordomford and i have seen some good goals over the years !
  • edited November 2015

I still struggle to understand why nobody else in the world raves about that Jensen goal at Highbury.
    It's unbelievable vision, skill, technique and execution.
    Is it that I admire it too much because I'm a Charlton fan?

Agreed, we've had lots of players over the years who can smack a ball hard, very few who could score that goal of Jensen's though. Just judged to absolute perfection to kiss the cross bar and go in off the post like that. It was very deliberate as well, it wasn't just a speculative punt.

If Bergkamp had scored it for Arsenal we'd never stop seeing it and its a goal he;d have been very proud of, even with all his talent and technique.
  • Heriedersson v Chelski Boxing day
  • Bartlett's header v Spurs, although it is more of a team goal.
  • Easily Danny Mills vs Villa... 4 years old... dreaming of survival! Only for Sheff Weds to beat us on the last day
  • "Move on"
  • I still struggle to understand why nobody else in the world raves about that Jensen goal at Highbury.

Such an underrated player. I would love to see us return to the premier league and attract players of his quality once more. Seems a million miles away right now..

I think Jerome Thomas scored a thunderbolt against Spurs at home, could of been 2005?
  • I still struggle to understand why nobody else in the world raves about that Jensen goal at Highbury.

Such an underrated player. I would love to see us return to the premier league and attract players of his quality once more. Seems a million miles away right now..

I think Jerome Thomas scored a thunderbolt against Spurs at home, could of been 2005?
    Is that the one where he cut inside and curled in right into the top corner? I was right behind that and went mental. In terms of goals I've cheered the most, quite possibly el kak's free kick against Blackburn. I lost it
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed Shaun Bartlett's goal against Leicester. Sweet strike. Favourite though is Claus Jensen's chip against Arsenal. What a player. Great strike. It also showed Charlton's hard working ethic under Curbs that created the chance.
  • Claus Jensen at home to Man Utd is another good one (circa 2002-2003).

Interesting that the first two goals shown are memorable not for how good they are, but for what they meant at the time.