Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye sweeps in but same problems remain - report

I covered the game at Boro for the SLP on Saturday and here's my report and analysis.

A new figurehead perhaps, but interim head coach Karel Fraeye’s suffered the same heavy loss that has now come to be expected of a Charlton side.
This time it was at the hands of Middlesbrough and by the 3-0 scoreline that defeated the Addicks in head coach Guy Luzon’s final two games in charge of the bewildered South Londoners.

Read more

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114270&headline=A new head coach but no sweeping changes to Charlton's abject struggles&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

Comments

• "The Interim One" lol.
  • Very good. Tonight is the big one. Against a fellow struggler, the club can't use the excuse of playing a top 6 club
  • Very good. Tonight is the big one. Against a fellow struggler, the club can't use the excuse of playing a top 6 club

....Preston?...Brentford?
  • Beautifully crafted @LouisMend - especially enjoyed the Trigger analogy. And I just twigged that I may well have gone to school with your dad, used to walk up Shooters Hill together on our way home.
  • very good Louis

how about "the eleven one"
  • Fumbluff said:

Very good. Tonight is the big one. Against a fellow struggler, the club can't use the excuse of playing a top 6 club

....Preston?...Brentford?
    For Fraeye, you "could" blame the other results on the previous coaching team
  • AshBurton said:

Beautifully crafted @LouisMend - especially enjoyed the Trigger analogy. And I just twigged that I may well have gone to school with your dad, used to walk up Shooters Hill together on our way home.

Sounds about right! My Dad, @wwaddick, was the one who gave me the CAFC life sentence of course!
  • LouisMend said:

AshBurton said:

Beautifully crafted @LouisMend - especially enjoyed the Trigger analogy. And I just twigged that I may well have gone to school with your dad, used to walk up Shooters Hill together on our way home.

Sounds about right! My Dad, @wwaddick, was the one who gave me the CAFC life sentence of course!
    Ha, I remember that @wwaddick also promised that the entire Charlton defence would one day consist of his 4 sons. I guess that plan didn't quite come off...
  • AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

AshBurton said:

Ha, I remember that @wwaddick also promised that the entire Charlton defence would one day consist of his 4 sons. I guess that plan didn't quite come off...
    Well 2 out of 4 of us are at the game tonight so it the worst comes to the worst we'll make ourselves available.
  • AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

AshBurton said:

Hi Mr B, I reckon they could all get a game nowadays. I could probably make the bench the way things are going!
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

AshBurton said:

Don't be too hard on him, I did exactly the same with my sons. Everyone is allowed to make mistake
  • wwaddick said:

AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

AshBurton said:

Hi Mr B, I reckon they could all get a game nowadays. I could probably make the bench the way things are going!
    Fair point, and if you had a more Belgian-sounding name than Stuart, you'd probably be sitting on it as head coach...
  • Love it "The Interim One ". That is his name forever, at least in the interim.