Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Trust

13»

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Can I suggest the Trust pull eleven random members names out of a hat and turn up at the players tunnel on Saturday. Keep smiles on those faces and Karel will them have signed up quick time.
  • edited November 2015
    Real random or pretend random?
  • edited November 2015
    There is nothing in RD's history at this or other clubs to suggest he will engage with the Trust and a response based upon the belief that this may happen is fundamentally misguided.

This situation is not going to turn around with a few wins- We are going down, and the true natures of RD and KM and their intention for this club are becoming more apparent everyday.

At a time when there is an apparently substantial groundswell of concern the Trust has whimped out and failed to provide leadership.

• edited November 2015
    Do people really want to be led, i can see no sign of that everyone has their own idea, time and place for protest, and are sticking to it.
  • oh PA I don't know which is the best way to protest, being a long way from the Valley and only attending a number of away matches I am completely out of the loop and not partaking in social media, but you asked so here goes:
    1. Nothing illegal as it will backfire
    2. Although black and white Is laudable it did nothing for Man Utd with their yellow & green and that had far more exposure than we could ever envisage.
    3. With Sky present it must be something visual so either late entry by fans or a mass turn away from the pitch at a given moment which could be enhanced by the black & white and posters, if Sky are informed beforehand so they know what we are doing.

Finally I would support whatever legal protest the majority of supporters want, if there is a way of ascertaining that.

The Trust does organise something then we might even raid the piggy bank and come down for the Ipswich match so as to take part in the protest.

I wish someone would put the protest info on CL

Lanc Lad, I'm a big supporter of the Trust and I think they have a major part to hopefully play over the coming months that I really hope everyone can support and unify behind.

But let's get this clear, they are by no means the be all and end all. It would turn far more noses up if they acted in that way and sought to control / own / lead on everything. I think they have wisely learned this the hard way as the body has evolved. There are certain things it is the right fit for them to lead on, there are other things that, well perhaps not.

At present it seems there is a pretty well publicised general call to protest half hour before the game on Saturday. It is an opening gambit, and it will be interesting to see what interest supporter wise this will attract. This has been a word of mouth / social media spreader and has had no group-leading organisation.

This is going to be an evolving story and the picture can change by the day. In my opinion, it is too early to be publicly focusing on the Ipswich game as with three games and a well publicised meeting ahead of that, the situation may well have changed. 7-9 days ahead of the Ipswich game is probably the right time to start putting any Ipswich game ideas 'out there'. I'm aware a number of people are investigating, provisionally planning various options already.

Let's see how things over the next week go is how I'd summarise, and then after that I think things will start getting a bit more structured. Just my opinion though

Regarding Saturday,do you not think this site should be making people aware of the proposed protest?
    Seems a little mooted,which could possibly be construed as because its not Trust organised its not something this site want to get involved with. Just an observation.
    This thread
    was started at 15.09 GMT. I am a Charlton fan who is reasonably active on social media, and I haven't beeen made aware of any protest plan via any other medium. So how about focusing on how we all, together, get our club out of this mess?
  • oh PA I don't know which is the best way to protest, being a long way from the Valley and only attending a number of away matches I am completely out of the loop and not partaking in social media, but you asked so here goes:
    2. Although black and white Is laudable it did nothing for Man Utd with their yellow & green and that had far more exposure than we could ever envisage.
    3. With Sky present it must be something visual so either late entry by fans or a mass turn away from the pitch at a given moment which could be enhanced by the black & white and posters, if Sky are informed beforehand so they know what we are doing.

Finally I would support whatever legal protest the majority of supporters want, if there is a way of ascertaining that.

The Trust does organise something then we might even raid the piggy bank and come down for the Ipswich match so as to take part in the protest.

Lanc Lad, I'm a big supporter of the Trust and I think they have a major part to hopefully play over the coming months that I really hope everyone can support and unify behind.

But let's get this clear, they are by no means the be all and end all. It would turn far more noses up if they acted in that way and sought to control / own / lead on everything. I think they have wisely learned this the hard way as the body has evolved. There are certain things it is the right fit for them to lead on, there are other things that, well perhaps not.

At present it seems there is a pretty well publicised general call to protest half hour before the game on Saturday. It is an opening gambit, and it will be interesting to see what interest supporter wise this will attract. This has been a word of mouth / social media spreader and has had no group-leading organisation.

This is going to be an evolving story and the picture can change by the day. In my opinion, it is too early to be publicly focusing on the Ipswich game as with three games and a well publicised meeting ahead of that, the situation may well have changed. 7-9 days ahead of the Ipswich game is probably the right time to start putting any Ipswich game ideas 'out there'. I'm aware a number of people are investigating, provisionally planning various options already.

Let's see how things over the next week go is how I'd summarise, and then after that I think things will start getting a bit more structured. Just my opinion though

Regarding Saturday,do you not think this site should be making people aware of the proposed protest?
    Seems a little mooted,which could possibly be construed as because its not Trust organised its not something this site want to get involved with. Just an observation.
    This thread
    was started at 15.09 GMT. I am a Charlton fan who is reasonably active on social media, and I haven't beeen made aware of any protest plan via any other medium. So how about focusing on how we all, together, get our club out of this mess?
    I don't think all standing outside the West and peacefully making our point together is a bad start.

This thread
    I don't think all standing outside the West and peacefully making our point together is a bad start.
    Its not a bad start. But it has been openly discussed on here.

• Its not a bad start. But it has been openly discussed on here.

Does it really matter? Is it the intention to keep our distaste for their approach secret and our response under wraps? Are we expecting them to head us off at the pass with a pincer movement if we show our hand?

We are quite rightly accusing them of secrecy and a failure to communicate their plans and aspirations, to explain what appears to be an ill thought out approach to English Championship football and to perhaps begin to take notice of what their customers have to say. Let's show them what openness means - what do we have to fear?

This thread

Bit tucked away though Prague. No sticky?

This thread

Dear god, man.

Look slag me off all you want. Slag off the Trust if it makes you feel better. But for heavens sake, leave this site and the people who make unreasonable personal sacrifices to keep it going, out of it.

• Sponsored links:

This thread

Dear god, man.

Look slag me off all you want. Slag off the Trust if it makes you feel better. But for heavens sake, leave this site and the people who make unreasonable personal sacrifices to keep it going, out of it.

Chill out Prague. Nobody's slagging anyone off. Just an observation.
  • Need some song sheets for Kum Ba ya My Lord.