Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2016

The beta was just released on steam if anyone is interested

Comments

• I'm going to start a game at a Belgian fourth division club, take them to the bottom of the league, and then see if I can get a job in The Championship. I know it sounds a bit far-fetched but we can all dream...

Far fetched? Roland would already have you next in line to take over!
  • edited October 2015
    Yet again SI get it wrong with charlton... Bergdich worth 4.5 million and is rated out best player... Probably the reason the circus network clown signed him
  • Why won't it download faster
  • Is it editable -I will only take charge at The Valley if I can swap Roland Duchatalet & Katriene Miere out for the Chuckle Brothers.
  • Downloading now. Cant sleep so might as well do something productive. ;-)
  • Already crashed 5 mins in! Haha
  • Yet again SI get it wrong with charlton... Bergdich worth 4.5 million and is rated out best player... Probably the reason the circus network clown signed him

Bergdich isn't rated as our best player (even if that's what his value or star ratings say in the game) but yes he's definitely looking overrated.

What else have you found that's wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm working away from home till Friday night so I can't download it.
  • Lost to QPR 2-0.

:-(
  • Quite enjoying it. I always play as Whitehawk because I like the challenge of starting from the bottom.

Quite a few nice new features which I like eg telling you how good your scouting ability/physio/coaching staff compare to the rest of the league.
  • Yet again SI get it wrong with charlton... Bergdich worth 4.5 million and is rated out best player... Probably the reason the circus network clown signed him

With the exception of Bergdich I think SI have done a decent job with the ratings and values, but the starting budget of 250k sucks.

Overall I've been quite impressed, but the create your managers appearance looks pretty daft.
  • Do you play on 'classic' or full version?
  • Full version, never tried classic
  • Full version, never tried classic

I got scared off the full version ages ago when two games in a row I went for "enthusiastic - keep it up" at half-time or something similarly inoffensive - they hated it, morale plummeted and I threw away 3 goal leads in both.

Then again, I've had minimal success in Classic. Think I have a cup-final success rate of about 1 in 5 and have lost 2/3 Prem titles on goal difference (still not won one).

Just realised, I kind of really hate FM.
    II play full as well. Never really done classic. If in doubt listen to your assistant managers recommendation on what to say. Although watch out because mine went through a period of saying "nothing specific to mention right now" when beating much bigger teams!
  • Overall really like the new one, only one issue with the actual matches and that is the amount of penaltys given, whenever a cross goes into the box it seems to result in an inoccuous pen.
  • Overall really like the new one, only one issue with the actual matches and that is the amount of penaltys given, whenever a cross goes into the box it seems to result in an inoccuous pen.

That happens every year in the Beta version. Normally it is either unrealistic amount of injuries or red cards.

They always fix the bugs in time for the game to go on sale.

• Sponsored links:

Thats not too bad, my entire team used to get injured every time a cross went in on 2015.
  • yeah people need to remember this is beta testing. So there will still be kinks and bugs to iron out.
  • Any players worth signing? :-)
  • Any players worth signing? :-)

Managed to pick up Alex Pritchard and Julian Green from Spuds and Bayern, also signed Man City as a senior affiliate and got Zuculini sent on loan to us! Need a keeper though, Pope let in 4 goals to QPR opening game, lost 4-3 in front of 24,577 fans! Fat chance of that happening
  • sam3110 said:

Any players worth signing? :-)

Managed to pick up Alex Pritchard and Julian Green from Spuds and Bayern, also signed Man City as a senior affiliate and got Zuculini sent on loan to us! Need a keeper though, Pope let in 4 goals to QPR opening game, lost 4-3 in front of 24,577 fans! Fat chance of that happening
    No, I would say there is a very good chance of Pope conceding 4 goals (:
  • Is it worth playing this now or is it still full of bugs at the moment?
  • Previous game corrupted so i had to start afresh. Man united signed as a senior affiliate so i got Pereira, Johnstone and Varela on loan for free, i signed free agent Mazuch, who's injured til late October but swiftly got into the first team once fit, and Buxton from Derby on a pittance. I also nabbed Kozak(?) From Villa on loan, and sold Reza to Fulham for 1.5m and Moussa to Wigan for 550k. This finance a big money move of Mike Frantz from Freiburg for about 800k. Currently 5th in the table, lost 3 of the opening 5 games, my short tenure called into question, before going unbeaten from the Rotherham game all the way to Ipswich, where a dodgy ref sent off Bauer after 23 seconds and Sarr, one of 3 subs already made, then got injured with 20 minutes left leaving Kashi and Diarra to play central defence.

Sign me up Roland!
  • edited November 2015
    Just downloaded this via steam on to my sons laptop. Upon launching the game, all I'm getting is a flashing screen. Not being an IT expert, I'd appreciate any advice.
  • Can't play this on my laptop its to slow
  • Just downloaded this via steam on to my sons laptop. Upon launching the game, all I'm getting is a flashing screen. Not being an IT expert, I'd appreciate any advice.

I'd guess the laptop isnt good enough.

Fallout 4 means FM is getting very little play time.