Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AC V Man U

Missed the game - as one sided as the scoreline suggested?

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely!! United were pathetic, no urgency, couldnt pass a ball to each other... sound familiar? :)
  • Options
    a shame, a real shame, as in away from tonight, Man U were probable the best team in Europe this season.

Now we have a Euro final contestedby probably the 4th best team in England, and that's wrong.
  • Options
    Wont be wrong if we beat them!!!
  • Options
    people say its agood thing but i'm the opposite. They're season is still alive, and anyone brought in for our game will be wanting to be noticed by Benetez
  • Options
    Not a big fan of Italian football but have to admit Milan were just streets ahead of Utd in the first half. It was men against boys. They knew they needed to score early and did. The Utd defending or lack of it in the build up to the 2nd goal was worse than Sunday morning kids.
    There will be a backlash against Ronaldo like there was against Cantona. "big fish in small pond" etc..... "You can't be best in the world if you can't do it on big stage,,,,," He has done it. He is superb but Man Utd were 2nd best tonight - by a distance 1st half.
    I reckon they still do the domestic double though.
  • Options
    The fourth best team in the UK versus the third best in Italy, a real showcase for the best teams in European football...
  • Options
    Along with some others on here I love a good conspiracy theory so how about this, UEFA really did not want the Mancs V Liverpool in Athens for the final together with all those pesky supporters. This was suggested to me yesterday lunch time and my immediate reaction was bollox but after watching the game....?

That was not the same side that steamrollered Roma not so long ago.
  • Options
    I'm sure UEFA didn't want an all Premiership final for many reasons. If there'd been a couple of dodgy penalty decisions or a goal given for offside that wasn't then I might start to believe in a conspiracy theory, however Man U were simply outplayed on the night - they didn't lose, AC Milan won it. Where Man U really lost was only winning 3-2 at OT last week, and letting in a couple of soft although well taken goals.
  • Options
    Yes they were second best last night. What was heinze doing passing that ball back? Strangely I was quite disappointed for them.
  • Options
    milan were fantastic last night, don't take that away from them. guttuso, kaka and seedorf were incredible in the middle, liverpool haven't got a hope in hell if they play like that in athens. united couldn't get the ball for the first 20 mins, i've never seen them so outplayed. but scholes aside, united just didn't show and john 'shea/darren fletcher are not good enough for that level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved it. Milan were robbed at Old Trafford if you ask me. By far the best side in Europe at the mo and deserve to win it.
    What money on a Liverpool penalty win AET and 0-0?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The fourth best team in the UK versus the third best in Italy, a real showcase for the best teams in European football...

BFR - You forget Milan started points down this season - they would have been up there fighting for that title otherwise make no mistake abou tthat
  • Options
    there isnt a better team in italy! all the others are wack, like there league really!! 0-0 anyone!!
  • Options
    Liverpool will play for and get a 0-0 in the final and win on penalties as they always do..........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The fourth best team in the UK versus the third best in Italy, a real showcase for the best teams in European football...[/quote]

BFR - You forget Milan started points down this season - they would have been up there fighting for that title otherwise make no mistake abou tthat[/quote]

I did factor that in...AC Milan have picked up 67 points this season, but started on minus 8 points, so they currently have 59. Ahead of them are Roma (69) and Inter (87), so they are a long way off competing for the title.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]milan were fantastic last night, don't take that away from them. guttuso, kaka and seedorf were incredible in the middle, liverpool haven't got a hope in hell if they play like that in athens. united couldn't get the ball for the first 20 mins, i've never seen them so outplayed. but scholes aside, united just didn't show and john 'shea/darren fletcher are not good enough for that level.[/quote]

And of course AC Milan will be out for revenge after losing to Liverpool two years ago...