Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Probably a better option but by no means the best one out there.

ps would our bench be big enough for that fat arse of his?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Probably a better option but by no means the best one out there.

ps would our bench be big enough for that fat arse of his?

They've only just repaired the dent the last time he sat on it
  • Options
    Please let this happen.
  • Options
    At least he is familiar with the English game. Not my first choice but I wouldn't be horrified if he was appointed.
  • Options

On a serious note, I'd love him to come in. Suspect it's all a smokescreen though. Fraeye is a permanent appointment.

Please be wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would he really want to leave a club that could be swapping divisions with us next season. Good start to his managerial career with a good chairman (Ben Robinson) that he gets along with and has a lot of respect for.

Also Burton rejected an offer from an unnamed championship club (Rotherham?) eariler this month.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/burton-albion-reject-approach-for-hasselbaink/
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Can't be true. How would anyone know who RD's targets are? The man is a mystery. I doubt he even has other people in mind other than the new Interim manager.
  • Options
    He's doing a great job at Burton, 3rd in L1 at the moment. Just like Rowett he will move on to bigger things, but I can't see Charlton as an attractive prospect, assuming that this story is actually true.

What's amazing is that Burton, have 9 wins and 2 draws from 15 games despite only scoring 15 goals!
  • Options
    This is just self-generated speculation without foundation.

We have KF as manager for the foreseeable future / until he messes-up.
    Any club talk of KF as "Temporary" is just Roland speak - he is just the next off the production line of second rate European coaches, and he will be in place until RD decides to change.

Bad times.
    Belgians Out !
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Would he really want to leave a club that could be swapping divisions with us next season. Good start to his managerial career with a good chairman (Ben Robinson) that he gets along with and has a lot of respect for.

Also Burton rejected an offer from an unnamed championship club (Rotherham?) eariler this month.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/burton-albion-reject-approach-for-hasselbaink/

It was Rotherham I believe. Despite the mess we're in, we're a bigger pull than Rotherham.
  • Options
    Why on earth would JFH come to SE7?
    We are a poisoned chalice while RD holds the reigns.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Why on earth would JFH come to SE7?
    We are a poisoned chalice while RD holds the reigns.

Unfortunately true. Burton are a really well run club.
  • Options
    No we're not
  • Options
    Gut reaction is that yes this a smokescreen. I expect a few more of this type of rumour to be banded about. It's going to be Carol until the next no mark from the matrix strolls up in about 5 months
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mj5fkEPxUA

Interesting watch this, no chance he would want to come and work in our Belgium circus.
  • Options
    Seems to be doing well at Burton with limited resources. Knows the English game. I wouldn't say no. I doubt there's any truth in it however.
  • Options
    He's done amazing at Burton, this would be a good appointment for us. But would be leave a club in the up for the situation he has at Charlton with the owner buying and selling players? Sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    For information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Floyd_Hasselbaink

I would urge Charlton fans to compare this CV with Fraeye's.

He might have been poor for us as a player, but his overall football career is pretty impressive.

An interview as Burton manager during last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kW6FnIWK4o
  • Options
    Lol, yep totally a legit rumour that has legs..........
  • Options
    If he does as well as the last Burton manager to join a Championship club, Gary Rowett, then it's a yes from me.
  • Options

He's doing a great job at Burton, 3rd in L1 at the moment. Just like Rowett he will move on to bigger things, but I can't see Charlton as an attractive prospect, assuming that this story is actually true.

What's amazing is that Burton, have 9 wins and 2 draws from 15 games despite only scoring 15 goals!

Very interesting that. We struggle for goals, but one of our biggest problems is we have good defenders but a poor defence. From that it looks like Hasselbaink knows how to organise a defence, so getting the most out of Henderson, Solly, Diarra, Bauer and Fox could see us stop the rot entirely.
  • Options
    Likes to play a fast pressing game, now that would be something to see!