Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

team for Monday

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Come on people what's your team going to be - I am torn between having a strong defence or fuck it let's go for it.

Anyway me I am going for this

CARSON

Young Bougherra Diawarra HH

Rommy Holland EL Kak Song Zheng

Bent

Subs - Thomas, Ambrose, Bent, Hughes, Hasselbaink -

Looks a bit disjointed in midfield but El Kak could give the midfield a bit of bite and athleticism and Rommedahl has to play as their left back is absolute jank.

Comments

• Options
    El K for Boughera (still not sure about him). ZZ for Holland Thomas for ZZ. Lisbie for Bent M on the bench.

Otherwise agree with your team. Harsh on Holland possibly but we need to win and ZZ offers more going forward imo.
  • Options
    Right then...

Carson
    Young
    Diawara
    El Kak
    HH
    Rommedahl
    Holland
    Song
    ZZ
    Hasselbaink
    D Bent

Subs: Randolph, M Bent, Thomas, Bougherra, Ambrose

God knows why but something tells me that Hasselbaink could have a good final game at The Valley!
  • Options
    Carson
    Young
    Diawara
    El Kak
    HH (reluctantly)
    Rommedahl
    Hughes
    ZZ
    Song
    Ambrose
    D Bent

Subs: Ambrose, Holland, JFH, Bougherra

Oh god knows.... Nice if Dennis could actually score his first home goal at his last game at the valley!!
  • Options
    I know where you're coming from, but you're confusing it being a good thing that JFH is going to have his final game at the Valley

with

JFH having a good game at the Valley.

There's some similar concepts there, but they're definately mutually exclusive activites.

How many goals has he scored this year?
    I can remember Chelsea, one in League cup away ..... any more?
    That's a dismal return for a previously prolific striker (why didn't we get fatso Viduka instead?)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Carson
    Young
    Diawara
    El Kak
    HH (reluctantly)
    Rommedahl
    Hughes
    ZZ
    Song
    Ambrose
    D Bent

Subs: Ambrose, Holland, JFH, Bougherra

Oh god knows.... Nice if Dennis could actually score his first home goal at his last game at the valley!![/quote]

Didnt know we had two ambroses!! No wonder were going down!!!
  • Options
    We need to win but also need to bear in mind that they have a tasty attack so we can't go mad....

Carson
    Young - Elk - Bougherra - HH
    Rommedahl - Song - Holland - ZZ
    Bent - Bent
  • Options
    Is this Carsons Last game? If it is who will be in goal at Anfield?
  • Options
    Either Thomas Mhyre or Darren Randolph according to Carson.
  • Options
    I think, win or lose we should give Carson the reception and send off he has earned this season.

Hopefully he'll be back next year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think, win or lose we should give Carson the reception and send off he has earned this season.

Too right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Lisbie in for M Bent, yes to Rommedahl for this one and no to Thomas and Ambrose.

Carson
    Young - Elk - Bougherra - HH
    Rommedahl - Song - Holland - ZZ
    Lisbie - Bent

subs: Rudolph, Hughesie, M Bent, Diawarra, Thomas
  • Options
    Why diawarra on the bench am i missing something!!

If fit he would be straight back in my book, think he has been excellent during our recent run of keeping things
    tight the 1 game he misses and look at the result.

HH has to play left back but i just wish we had another option watching replay's of there 1st saturday what was he doing holding his arms aloft looking for a foul, that moment of hesitating cost us dearly and he as much to blame as carson.

For me

Sc

LY ELk SD HH

DR Song ZZ JT

MB DB
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tatvet[/cite]I know where you're coming from, but you're confusing it being a good thing that JFH is going to have his final game at the Valley

with

JFH having a good game at the Valley.

There's some similar concepts there, but they're definately mutually exclusive activites.

How many goals has he scored this year?
    I can remember Chelsea, one in League cup away ..... any more?
    That's a dismal return for a previously prolific striker (why didn't we get fatso Viduka instead?)

Boro at home as well - Chesterfield in the cup
  • Options
    The only thing for certain is that Dennis Shitmypants won't start.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    For me...

Carson

Young
    El kak
    Soulymane
    Herman

Holland
    Song
    Thomas

Rommadahl
    ZZ

D Bent

Subs

Randolph
    Bougherra
    Ambrose
    Lisbie
    Piggybank

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Why diawarra on the bench am i missing something!!
    No problems with that really, I just went for Bougherra and El Kak because they probably offer more going forward and I think we need all the help we want in that direction because we have been really struggling to build chances.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Why diawarra on the bench am i missing something!![/quote]No problems with that really, I just went for Bougherra and El Kak because they probably offer more going forward and I think we need all the help we want in that direction because we have been really struggling to build chances.[/quote]

I agree we need a spark of creatvity from somewhere but we are really struggling if we need centre halfs to do it!!

On the other hand i'm quite keen to see what bougy will offer us...
  • Options
    if you can play the ball out of defence instead of punting it then that's got to be a good thing - I'd like to see more of Diwarra & Bougherra together, could be a great combination, but you can't knock the Elk recently and with him being such a goal threat we have to have him in there.