Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

pre~brentford cribbage

I'm on a bit of a mini-tour of south east england... and incorporating cribbage into the trip.

Played in norfolk 4 days ago, suffolk 3 days ago and the town of my birth~ horndon on the hill in Essex the day before yesterday...

...happily discovering a board drilled into the pub table to do so...

I played in central london today... and am going up to north london to play somebody from the potter's bar league tomorrow...

Before travelling on to brighton (west sussex), hayling island (hampshire), the isle of wight and maidstone (kent), I'd like a game in south london...

I'm going to Brentford game... so... thought I'd see if i could combine my loves of cribbage and charlton by seeing if someone wants a pre~game game (so to speak) on sat afternoon...

I've never been in the lib, but it sounds like a good prospective venue. Open to suggestions though.

Please post here or send me a pm if interested.

Cheers,

Siv

Comments

• 15/2 15/4 .. and a pair is 1/2 a dozen
  • Love a game of crib and my brothers both play.

No idea if the lib has aboard though.
  • One for his knob!
  • Stig said:

One for his knob!

Two for his heels
  • It's like a whole 'nother language. I can't wait until I get old :smile:
  • "15/2 15/4....and the rest don't score...."

"And in the box...nineteen" (i.e fuck all)

"A good pegging hand...." (probably means you've got fuck all)

• Good to see that so many people have a working knowledge of the game's lingo...

Soooo.... who wants a game?

Pre~brentford, possibly in the Lib
  • I used to play cribbage on the train on away days £1 per game plus 10p per point, double for skunk and triple for double skunk. Used to rake it in.
  • Sponsored links:

• "15/2 15/4 look all day and see no more"
    Reminds me of Christmas's a long time ago with my (RIP) grandad and dad teaching me and my sisters as kids to play it
  • Fumbluff said:

It's like a whole 'nother language. I can't wait until I get old :smile:

you've waited too long already. taught all 3 of my girls, just like our Dads taught me & my wife.
  • Playing 4 handed and your partner lays a connecting running card whilst doing the pegging #fuming
  • Playing 4 handed and your partner lays a connecting running card whilst doing the pegging #fuming

Have you ever played cribbage though?
  • Can't we just play snap.
  • Roses in woolwich are (or used to be) in a Thursday night crib league.
    Having retired from football, then cricket, I am now in my "darts" stage of life. Once I get that, snooker and bowls out of the way I will consider cribbage.
  • Still looking for a game

Who's up?
  • I've died in the hole.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought it said pre-brentford cabbage. That's no way to talk about Guy Luzon.
  • Have a day off from your quidditch Harry Siv, and just get well oiled.

You'll thank me after the game
  • I think someone is well oiled already :-)
  • We have a couple of boards and I love seeing people play crib, or other card games in our pub.
  • My Granddad taught all us kids this game over 50 years ago. He had all these little rhymes to assist - really helped me - my maths was never a strong point.

22 nine’ll do
    23 eights a spree
    24 sevens the law
    25 sixes alive
    26 fives a fix
    27 fours in heaven
    28 threes awake
    29 twos in time.
  • Looking again probably 28 threes await - been a long time.
  • Ragged thirteen. 678AA.
  • Nope... well oiled last night means hang~over today

But still my first waking thought was about securing a pre~match game of cribbage near the valley

Don't make me approach the dartford crib league in an emergency move

Gimme a charlton supporter to play!