Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 0-3 Preston north End

many thanks to the 91 brave souls who gave their marks and gave me about the most depressing job I've had doing these stats, before you ask this is the worst this season and over the past 3 seasons they are:
2014-15
Worst average 3.76 Watford away
Worst performance Wilson at Watford A 2.58

2013-14
Worst average Doncaster away 4.20
Worst performance Evina Birmingham H 3.00

2012-13 (pre Sprouts)
Worst average Nottingham Forest away 5.24
Worst performance Seabourne Ipswich H 3.20

anyway here it is if you can bear to look:

Comments

• You're missing Jackson from your player stats LL
  • thanks Ben, Think I'll have to put him with the defenders
  • Honestly don't remember who Seabourne was. Did he play many other games?
  • edited October 2015

Honestly don't remember who Seabourne was. Did he play many other games?

Not recalling Dan Seaborne is understandable: a defender, he played seven games for us on loan from Southampton in 2012-13. Now at Partick Thistle

You don't remember the legend that is Dan Seabourne ?

You couldn't have been there for the Valley game (can't remember the oppo), when the ball fell from the sky and he tried to trap it, only for it to ricochet, wildly off his foot. It truly was a memorable moment (even though I can't remember it clearly LOL).

You couldn't have been there for the Valley game (can't remember the oppo), when the ball fell from the sky and he tried to trap it, only for it to ricochet, wildly off his foot. It truly was a memorable moment (even though I can't remember it clearly LOL).
    Ipswich boxing day mate. Mind you Stephens was worse and got subbed at ht.
  • 2.64 for Bergdich. Is that the worst ever?

Nah, it was that the ball was sailing out for a Charlton throw, but he somehow let it hit him on the way out.

Twice.

In the same game.

Lowest ever is Wilson at Watford as above btw
  • Leuth is right about Laurie, he is the lowest - I just checked
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, I only looked at the Statbank, not the text.
  • edited October 2015

Leuth is right about Laurie, he is the lowest - I just checked

The game when every one was crap ?

And we were lucky to get nil.

And Watford were unlucky not to get 10.

Watford is the best of times 4-3 win on new years day and JJ scores the winner
    in front of the away end.

Watford is the worst of times, that 5-0 defeat.

At least at boxing they stop it when your taking too much punishment !
  • edited October 2015

2.64 for Bergdich. Is that the worst ever?

No idea how Lawrie is lower than Zacharya I never thought Lawrie was that bad... but saying that I've only seen Bergdich a couple of times.
  • average of 4.18 seems high. To me this was a far worse performance than at Watford last year. Watford were actually a pretty good side who were at the peak of their form and then went up. Preston are likely to get relegated.
  • Lancs, you deserve this!

Medal
  • thanks Stig, will I need a bar for it after tomorrow, let's hope not :smiley:
  • I always feel that a lot of posters mark childishly harshly after a defeat. But when you think about it, a team mark of 4.2 out of 10 for a 3-0 awful home defeat against a bottom team who hadn't won in 8, I don't think anyone can argue that is harsh

There are eleven possible ratings (not counting half marks) from zero to ten. So, surely an entirely average performance is 5.5?
    On that basis It is difficult to imagine how it ended up with a team performance anywhere near as high as 4.2. That sort of mark should get you an away draw against a mid-table team, surely? Not a thrashing from rubbish at home while we displayed close to zero attacking intent. Far too generous.
  • I always start out with a baseline of 6. If people do a little better than I'd expect they get a 7 a lot better an 8. To get higher than that it has to be a brilliant performance, A little worse than baseline and they get 5, significantly worse and they're on a 4. To get three or lower, you probably need to be Mr and Mrs Bergdich's little boy.
  • The Dan Seaborne incident was hilarious because he tried to leave the ball to go out with his left foot but accidentally kicked it with his right