Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Back in charge by Monday....

Comments

• 16/1
  • RD must be running out of mates to recruit from by now?
  • We'll have Nebojsa Vignjevic next
  • We'll have Nebojsa Vignjevic next

Cannot even say that one pissed!

More than likely then.
  • isn't St Tuiden's coach/manager English? Be him if so.
  • isn't St Tuiden's coach/manager English? Be him if so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_O'Loughlin_(football_coach)

Northern Irish
  • Is Justin Edinburgh worth a shout? doing well at Gillingham
  • CAFCTrev said:

That's just being silly.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is no chance on earth of AC working under the constraints of RD.
  • Derek1952 said:

Is Justin Edinburgh worth a shout? doing well at Gillingham

Why would he leave high flying Gillingham for low flying Charlton? I wouldn't.
  • I wouldn't want him to come back, he wouldn't have control and it would only taint his image.
  • Next manager will be Euell. Already on the pay, knows the situation and the players.
  • Doesnt pass the CL height requirement.
  • The reason we have unheard of managers and players is because they are cheap. I suspect Curbs would come in at a quarter of our already breached budget. Give it a rest!
  • edited October 2015
    Totally guessing but I think we look for the cheaper end of the wages spectrum but the players aren't that cheap , when the rumours of the undisclosed numbers are discussed , they don't sound too cheap
    Obviously they could be well wrong and we haven't paid over £500k for anyone except Polish Pete :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

What if we genuinely ended up with Appleton

Then there will be a lot of people having to search elsewhere to gain a cheap lol!
  • In an adviser/Director of Football role Curbs would be money very well spent (if RD wants to consider it in purely financial terms he perhaps ought to look at Curbs past record) - it would also give GL/KM access to skills that they clearly don't possess at the moment, and that is not to denigrate the skills that they do have.
  • sm said:

In an adviser/Director of Football role Curbs would be money very well spent (if RD wants to consider it in purely financial terms he perhaps ought to look at Curbs past record) - it would also give GL/KM access to skills that they clearly don't possess at the moment, and that is not to denigrate the skills that they do have.

Would he leave Fulham to join us, when they are a better promotion bet?
  • Totally guessing but I think we look for the cheaper end of the wages spectrum but the players aren't that cheap , when the rumours of the undisclosed numbers are discussed , they don't sound too cheap
    Obviously they could be well wrong and we haven't paid over £500k for anyone except Polish Pete :-)

Vetekele
    Bauer
    Sarr?
  • I thought Curbs was still on gardening leave from West Ham.
  • Maybe he'll bring Phil Chapple back with him...
  • edited October 2015
    sm said:

In an adviser/Director of Football role Curbs would be money very well spent (if RD wants to consider it in purely financial terms he perhaps ought to look at Curbs past record) - it would also give GL/KM access to skills that they clearly don't possess at the moment, and that is not to denigrate the skills that they do have.

I very much doubt RD would consider offering such a position to Curbs. He already has KM (and whoever else) to do all the scouting and recruitment job for him so why would he want to bring in someone who's outside of the network? And to do the things that are already being done by people he knows well? Wouldn't that be a waste of money to him? Besides, Curbs has been working at Fulham for some time so would there be compensation fees involved if he did leave for us? Would RD pay that money?

Of course that's not how I would think. From the point of view of a Charlton fan (and an admirer of the greatest manager we've had in the past two decades), I'd be extremely delighted to see Curbs come back to be a DoF and I think we would definitely benefit from his expertise. Just that I don't see it happening under RD.
  • Those saying Curbs for us please read my comment at 10.23
  • edited October 2015
    ross1 said:

Those saying Curbs for us please read my comment at 10.23

He is not the Manager at Fulham,

The only role I want to see him back at Charlton in is as the first team coach. Obviously he has to get certain conditions agreed with RD.

It might be a moot point because he may have decided that he no longer wishes to get back into management. But, I got the impression from the interview in the VotV article that until very recently he was disappointed that he had not been given another opportunity.
  • Well well well......