Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Diarra Saturday?

That was his fifth yellow so I guess that is a suspension.
Good job we have got Sarr. Ho Hum.

Comments

• Sits back and waits for people to moan that Harry Lennon shouldn't have been sent on loan and is scoring in League One...
  • Sits back and waits for people to moan that Harry Lennon shouldn't have been sent on loan and is scoring in League One...

What have I done!
  • pettgra said:

Sits back and waits for people to moan that Harry Lennon shouldn't have been sent on loan and is scoring in League One...

What have I done!
    Sorry nothing you've done... Appreciate the info as didnt know that about Diarra.

Just reckon we're going to have a lot of people moaning that Lennon (like Harriott) shouldnt be out on loan right now
  • Oh sorry, I was not being serious. No apologies needed.
  • pettgra said:

Oh sorry, I was not being serious. No apologies needed.

make your mind up...
  • pettgra said:

Oh sorry, I was not being serious. No apologies needed.

make your mind up...
    My grammar is letting me down this morning Dave.
  • He looked tired last night. Probably needs a break.

And with our current training regime and luck he'll probably get one.

Ankle? Collar bone? metatarsal?.......

He's just had a 2 week break and before that was rested vs Blackburn before getting sent off vs Palace. He's had plenty of time to recover.
  • If two of the yellows were in one match and caused a suspension, do they still count towards the yellow card suspension count?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    I don't think Diarra is a CB and isn't up to it at CB over the course of a season but we're desperately short at the back. Centre half is one position you can't gamble on in The Championship. Experience is a must.
  • Probably raises the possibility of Lloyd Doyley being signed. There were no defenders on the bench last night.
  • Richard J said:

Probably raises the possibility of Lloyd Doyley being signed. There were no defenders on the bench last night.

Just as you think it can't get any worse.
  • It's the midfield that's the problem, mostly
  • Richard J said:

Probably raises the possibility of Lloyd Doyley being signed. There were no defenders on the bench last night.

We could play Fox at CB, we're not exactly short of LBs...
  • Leuth said:

If two of the yellows were in one match and caused a suspension, do they still count towards the yellow card suspension count?

Not sure Leuth. Hence the question mark.We will soon find out I guess.
  • I don't think a ban comes in until you have accrued 10 yellows

relax

relax

One match ban for five yellows.

two match ban for 10 yellows etc.

relax

I don't think a ban comes in until you have accrued 10 yellows

relax

Think that's right. Sure Yoni Buyens had a one match ban fairly early last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• The only way you avoid the two match ban is if you make it past the cut off point for five yellows (Around Christmas time I think), when you then get to 10-yellows think its then only one match
  • colin1961 said:

Sarr was one of a very few plus's last night got no problem with him
    and Bauer at the back ..... Cousiins right back , Tariq Dennis left back

Before people moan who played right back in our best performance of the season at home to hull ?

Lisbon supporters said Sarr was like Bambi on ice. Last night was a 6.0 performance - shame he's supposed to be a footballer.
  • According to the programme he was on 3 yellows before yesterday, the 2 against Palace don't count towards the 5 as he's had the sending off and 1 match ban already
  • Diarra received one yellow in the League Cup defeat to Crystal Palace before receiving a straight red, which counts towards his tally. #cafc

NEWS | It has been confirmed that Alou Diarra will be suspended for Saturday's clash with Brentford. #cafc
  • Think midfield is our main problem. No creativey in central midfield and all our midfielders are much of a muchness. Yeah JBG has quality but looks half the player he was last year and wondering if he is peed off at the promises that were made to him for him to sign a new contract at not happening.
    There is no pace in our midfield and can't really see what Ba does.
    Feel sorry for KAG as he should not really be playing for us yet alone leading the line. He should be getting some games and confidence on loan in league 2 and build up to championship not just be thrown straight in.
  • Diarra received one yellow in the League Cup defeat to Crystal Palace before receiving a straight red, which counts towards his tally. #cafc

NEWS | It has been confirmed that Alou Diarra will be suspended for Saturday's clash with Brentford. #cafc

Bit of a kick in the nuts, Brentford are miles better than Preston.

Bit of a kick in the nuts, Brentford are miles better than Preston.

Disagree with that. I fancy Brentford to go down this season
  • So did I at the beginning, they won 2-0 at Wolves yesterday. Nice bit of form just in time to play us. Two teams in great form. Going to be great.

I wonder why we went into this season with only 2 useful CBs. Even Johnson and Bikey were better than Sarr . Gomez , TBH and Morrison certainly were
  • Starr to me has a lot to prove, he looks nervy in possession, and an extremely raw player, how does he improve, because to me, I know it's a team game, and playing 3 left backs in the same team clearly doesn't work, but this guys performances need to improve if we are not going to concede needless goals, I want our defence to become a rock, Sarr is great going forward, but his overall game needs to improve.

Diarra for me, is a big miss, as was Bauer on Tuesday night, it never rains when it pours, but I guess when the tides out, it all seems to go wrong.