Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hendo is back

Playing for the U21s today.

Assume that means he won't be starting for the 1st time tomorrow though

PS he's also at Bromley Addicks on 29th October.

Comments

• At least he's fit! (Hopefully).
  • t f for that .. pity that Bauer will be missing if/when Henderson plays on tuesday
  • He just needs to refrain from any warm ups...
  • Let's hope he comes through unscathed and is available for Saturday vs Brentford
  • Playing for the U21s today.

was back Saturday, just that Pope was preferred choice
  • Good... Play him in a U21 match, make sure he comes through unscathed and then put him back in Goal, means that:

(1) Pope isnt instantly dropped so his confidence doesnt drop because of being replaced

(2) If we throw him straight back into the First Team and the injury comes back, we have to waste a substitute on him
  • Keeping surely isn't tiring in the same way as playing outfield though? Could a keeper play today and tomorrow? Or maybe play half a game today?
  • Pope seems to do better in the away games, perhaps the pressure of playing at home is distracting for him. Either way I think if Henderson is even 70% fit then we should pick him tomorrow, it's really too big a game to gamble on Pope not dropping another clanger at home - especially with Bauer out.
  • Playing for the U21s today.

'Preferred' is potentially the wrong word, his return is being managed which given other players short lived returns, seems the correct way to do things.

I am sure Hendo is Luzon's preferred keeper.
    se9addick said:

Pope seems to do better in the away games, perhaps the pressure of playing at home is distracting for him. Either way I think if Henderson is even 70% fit then we should pick him tomorrow, it's really too big a game to gamble on Pope not dropping another clanger at home - especially with Bauer out.

As for you, don't be silly. If we think he's 70% fit it's probably more like 30% if you ask the player.
  • Dazzler21 said:

'Preferred' is potentially the wrong word, his return is being managed which given other players short lived returns, seems the correct way to do things.

se9addick said:

Pope seems to do better in the away games, perhaps the pressure of playing at home is distracting for him. Either way I think if Henderson is even 70% fit then we should pick him tomorrow, it's really too big a game to gamble on Pope not dropping another clanger at home - especially with Bauer out.

As for you, don't be silly. If we think he's 70% fit it's probably more like 30% if you ask the player.
    I said if he is 70% fit, not if he thinks he's 70% fit - big difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

se9addick said:

I said if he is 70% fit, not if he thinks he's 70% fit - big difference.
    Lol I didn't say if HE, I said if WE (meaning Charlton).

I do agree big difference though, it was more a dig at our clubs medical estimations.
  • If he's 100% fit no reason a keeper can't play two games in two days shurely?

If he's 100% I don't think he'd be playing for the u21's though ?

There some doubt if Stephen Henderson is fit enough to do the hand shakes,
    twice in two days ?

• I assume everyone here has full access to his medical records and a degree in physiotherapy? We're lucky to have such knowledgable fans on here. If you could get on with figuring out what's really wrong with Igor it'd be much appreciated, although I have to ask where the hell you all were when Cory Gibbs was around.
  • I assume everyone here has full access to his medical records and a degree in physiotherapy? We're lucky to have such knowledgable fans on here. If you could get on with figuring out what's really wrong with Igor it'd be much appreciated, although I have to ask where the hell you all were when Cory Gibbs was around.

He's been blueballed by his new Mrs for waving at a female fan....
    This means he can barely move under the weight of his swollen boys.

Very jealous these WAG types.
  • Stephen Henderson ‏@henderson_sf 2m ago
    Delighted to get my first 90mins under my belt since May 2nd,bob Boulder felt sweet as well.
    Delighted to get my first 90mins under my belt since May 2nd,bob Boulder felt sweet as well.

+3 for using Bob Bolder as a rhyming slang. -2 For misspelling Bolder.

He's still in credit then.
  • Sponsored links:

I think Bob Boulder might have past me by - is it "shoulder" ?

He's still in credit then.
    A metaphor for most of our players. Mostly still in credit, but could be doing a lot better if they cut out the sloppy errors!

To be fair Henderson is still overcome by grief at Daniel O'Donnell being voted out of Strictly Come Dancing
  • se9addick said:

Stephen Henderson ‏@henderson_sf 2m ago

That's how I took it.

• Maybe we will lose tomorrow and then beat Brentford 3-0 with Hendo in goal on Saturday. Sound familiar ?
  • Without any doubt I think he should play tomorrow, especially as PB is suspended. It will feel like a new signing and I think his inclusion would definitely give the team (squad) a huge lift. Yeah I know NP has been ok in the last couple of games but he is due to "throw one in" so I think take the pressure off the boy for a while and play our number one.
    We are only a couple of wins away from top half as well as being nearer the bottom during the last few weeks, get big Mak back and I am sure we will turn the corner and hopefully put these bloody injuries behind us.

COYR...................
  • se9addick said:

Stephen Henderson ‏@henderson_sf 2m ago

No, it's ankle