Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sint Truiden-ification of Charlton?

Sint Truiden is the team both RD and KM support - a small, local club at the heart of its community.

In a recent interview, KM said she was not too concerned re WHU move to OS, as Charlton have a very different proposition -to paraphrase, we are a family club, the fans feel part of the club, the players and manager are accessible, whereas at WHU/ in the Premier League, 'you are just one of the thousands of people and you do not feel as part of the community'.

So is the master plan to turn us into the English equivalent of Sint Truiden?

Comments

• Didnt St. Truiden go up to the top flight this season...

And currently 8th from 16.

Didn't realise RD was a St Truiden fan. Knew it was the first club he bought. Isn't he from Antwerp?
  • I read the article as a statement of complete lack of ambition. There was a time not very long ago when West Ham were equals with us.

Didn't realise RD was a St Truiden fan. Knew it was the first club he bought. Isn't he from Antwerp?
    I was not passing comment on whether it is a good or bad thing -just hypothesising.

As to whether he supports them, this is a quote from CP when asked if RD has any passion for football: "He’s very fond of Sint Truiden. He’s very proud of them, I think that’s his team."
  • Southbank said:

I read the article as a statement of complete lack of ambition. There was a time not very long ago when West Ham were equals with us.

There was a time not so very long ago when Oldham Athletic and Manchester City were keen local rivals
  • Leuth said:

Southbank said:

I read the article as a statement of complete lack of ambition. There was a time not very long ago when West Ham were equals with us.

There was a time not so very long ago when Oldham Athletic and Manchester City were keen local rivals
    And we did the double over Chelsea two seasons in a row.

(God, that's not helped me)
  • edited October 2015

Didnt St. Truiden go up to the top flight this season...

He is from Antwerp but shows no affiliation with the city or region. For that matter: Royal Antwerp FC, after the European Cup Winner's Final at Wembley (against Parma in 1993) got into a downspin. A couple of years later they got relegated and were in trouble ever since. Different owners, 123 managers, not a nice story ...
    However, half a year ago they got an new owner ... with money. And they bought an almost complete new team consisting of talented and/or 1st tier experienced players. They started as a favourite for promotion immediately and lead the ranking as we speak. For the cup they managed to beat the No 1 of the 1st tier Jupiler league (Ostend- unbeaten untill then). When promotion will happen ... they plan to build a new stadion (we desperately need one in Belgium's biggest city). Fans who didn't fancy attending miserable games during the last decade again flock to the club , resulting in almost sold out home games !
    Just to say ... RD now sees this is possible on a short term ... and it only takes a bit of money. He stated he was in owning football clubs for a limited amount of years : what's he waiting for ?
  • Anagram truiden:

Ruend it.

!Totally!
  • Sponsored links:

• Weren't we already that kind of club anyway?
  • Weren't we already that kind of club anyway?

We were. We're now just a club of thuggish milkshake throwers.
  • Create apathy, get rid of the fans that care and will take action and then use the club as a window for crap players. That's the real Duchatelet model.
  • Charlton Alexandra
  • skywalker said:

Didnt St. Truiden go up to the top flight this season...

He is from Antwerp but shows no affiliation with the city or region. For that matter: Royal Antwerp FC, after the European Cup Winner's Final at Wembley (against Parma in 1993) got into a downspin. A couple of years later they got relegated and were in trouble ever since. Different owners, 123 managers, not a nice story ...
    Give it another season and Leeds will beat that!!