Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Super Kevin Lisbie
  • Morts at Everton in a 3 2 defeat around 88 was a cracker. He even got a good round of applause from the Everton fans.
  • That Kim Grant goal is the crappest 'solo goal' I think I've ever seen
  • Leuth said:

That Kim Grant goal is the crappest 'solo goal' I think I've ever seen

That's what I thought. Don't even think that effort would have made my top 100

• Morts was quality and scored a load of solo efforts like that. The Everton one was a blinder and he also got another away at Man City in a 2.1 win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD09q9dV8ac
  • Loved Morts
  • I so wish the widespread televising of games had existed in the "old days".

If it had, I would be able to see whether one of the goals Alan Simonsen scored against Chelsea was as good as, even now, I seem to recall. If memory serves me right, picked the ball up in our half, beat about 4 or 5 Chelsea players before chipping it over the on-rushing keeper.

The best solo goal I ever saw a Charlton player score.

I so wish someone had a recording of this somewhere.
  • Chris Duffy's was about the most mazy but look at the keeper rooted to his line....didn't even make it out of his six yard box (a la playground keeper).

Best solo goal of my Charlton life was Simonsen v Chelsea (the first one...). Sensational but sadly not on film it seems.

PS: Excellent work Stackit....keep 'em coming.
  • It should have been all Morts
  • Sponsored links:

• Parker away at Leeds 2002
  • Simonsen said:

Chris Duffy's was about the most mazy but look at the keeper rooted to his line....didn't even make it out of his six yard box (a la playground keeper).

Best solo goal of my Charlton life was Simonsen v Chelsea (the first one...). Sensational but sadly not on film it seems.

I see my post came up just before yours on this!

With your name, I'm sure you will recall - was Simonsen's goal that day against Chelsea as good as I recall? Or has age just made it seem more rosy in my mind?
  • Cliff Holton when he picked up the ball wide and waded through several tackles before slotting home.
  • Another belter that stands out is Colin Walsh against Brighton at Upton Park.
  • Leaburn at Southend.
  • Simonsen said:

Chris Duffy's was about the most mazy but look at the keeper rooted to his line....didn't even make it out of his six yard box (a la playground keeper).

With your name, I'm sure you will recall - was Simonsen's goal that day against Chelsea as good as I recall? Or has age just made it seem more rosy in my mind?
    No it's not age. He even went round the keeper (Steve Francis) at the end of it too.
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

No it's not age. He even went round the keeper (Steve Francis) at the end of it too.
    One of Simonsen's goal reminded of Archie Gemmil goal against the Dutch.
  • Rufus header against Sunderland in the play off at wembley.
  • Alan Campbell v Northampton, anybody else remember that one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Morts almost had exclusive rights on this type of thing, but an honourable mention for Colin Powell making it 4-3 v Brighton, 1977. Came in from the corner flag, beat a couple of defenders and curled it into the top corner, what a moment that was.
  • Loved that morts goal against Bradford. Probably the most entertaining Charlton game I've been to
  • McBobbin said:

Loved that morts goal against Bradford. Probably the most entertaining Charlton game I've been to

Loads of half memories of that game.
    Morts' goal, obviously.
    Steve Brown scored a quality long range goal didn't he?
    Their goal should've been disallowed I think, but can't remember why.
    Eddie Youds played for them that game, before we bought him mid season, right?
  • Morts at Everton in a 3 2 defeat around 88 was a cracker. He even got a good round of applause from the Everton fans.

Norwich
    Man City
    Everton
    Morts magic.
    Nevin scored a great goal against us in that Everton game too.

• Leuth said:

More like a Ice Hockey goal.
  • Kim Grant away at Barnsley March 1991
  • edited October 2015
    Leuth said:

Apart from the fact that Grant is tripping all over the show the best thing about that goal is the vision of the defender (Pitcher?) to loop that ball up into space like that, so it's hardly a 'solo' effort anyway.
  • shirty5 said:

Kim Grant away at Barnsley March 1991

Tavern drove us up to this game. Where was I when we scored? Same place as when Bartlett scored against Leicester, having a piss.
  • shirty5 said:

Kim Grant away at Barnsley March 1991

Tavern drove us up to this game. Where was I when we scored? Same place as when Bartlett scored against Leicester, having a piss.
    This should be a thread on its own.
    Leaburn chipping Peter Shilton at the Baseball ground.