Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Name the 70s stars

2»

Comments

• And where are Bob Curtis and Arthur Horsfield? Surely not gone by then.

This kit was used from 74 to 77, so Curtis was still with the club at the time
  • edited October 2015

I don't remember Kimm Connett. Who he?

Never made the first team. Went on to play for Dulwich Hamlet among others. His son and mine played in the same U16 team
  • edited October 2015
    From the days when we used to win all the home games and lose all the away games, or so it felt. There was enough exciting football to last a lifetime in that era, which is why Charlton are just about in credit with a lot of people of my generation.

As for the bloke on the end of the front row, I thought Dave Lockie then Tony Young, just realised Richard J got him earlier.
  • Penfolds barnet gets me every time!
  • edited October 2015
    Great squad,all British [maybe English] & about 6 of those players had testimonial matches for their service at the club.
  • clive said:

Great squad,all British [maybe English] & about 6 of those players had testimonial matches for their service at the club.

Tutt, Berry, Peacock, Powell, Warman and Hales.
  • Also Charlie Hall [physio] had a testimonial match or maybe 2.
  • I know Kim Connett. Met him years back in a restaurant in Soho through a mutual friend. He's in the print industry.
  • Kim today, I'm connected on LinkedIn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must have been taken in 76. Tony Young was only with us 1 season and played 20 games.