Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will JBG need a rest at some stage

If he plays in the next three games that will be eighteen for the season and will be five in a fortnight.
That is a hell of a lot games at this stage. Must be a very fit lad, that is all I can say.

Comments

• Squads too small for rest. We will have 10 Vetokele's by the end of the season because of it. I wonder if Makinok will be crocked all season too because they rushed him back too early.
  • Nicholas said:

Squads too small for rest. We will have 10 Vetokele's by the end of the season because of it. I wonder if Makinok will be crocked all season too because they rushed him back too early.

I hope you are wrong because I don't fancy turning out.
  • Players never used to need a rest years ago. Professional footballers shouldn't be blowing out their arse by mid October.
  • If at nearly 50 I can work 7 days a week 12 hours a days what is it with modern day footballers for f@@ks sake were only 2 months into the season!!
  • edited October 2015
    He takes a rest for about an hour during most games. Don't know what the fuss is all about!

edit - I do know what the fuss is about with JBG as he is brilliant (occasionally this season) but these buggers should try getting the 06cor blimey every morning then doing a full day's grind and then tell me about being knackered.
  • From what I saw of their qualifying games, he was resting then anyway
  • If at nearly 50 I can work 7 days a week 12 hours a days what is it with modern day footballers for f@@ks sake were only 2 months into the season!!

Yep, super fit individuals.

How in the 70's etc could players play 40 games a season and not now.

I know fitness levels are different but all relative.

I'd make the buggers play every day.
  • I thought JBG looked off the pace, with a poor touch after he came back from the last International break. I'm not sure it is a physical thing, more a mental burnout through playing so many games in a short space of time.
  • He doesn't need a rest, we're only a few games into the season and there's already been a couple of international breaks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Blimey chaps steady on. I was not talking about running out of puff, more breaking down injured.
    I know they should not, but they do.
  • Nicholas said:

We will have 10 Vetokele's by the end of the season

He's been a busy man?

Also if my car can get by just fine with the same tyres for a couple of years what is it with these F1 prima donna cars needing to change them every half hour? These modern £$%** F1 cars take the p155!!!
    Actually a brilliant analogy. The same old arguments come out re: football and rest, it's frustrating.

Yep, super fit individuals.

How in the 70's etc could players play 40 games a season and not now.

I know fitness levels are different but all relative.

I'd make the buggers play every day.
    It's because modern football (like all other sports) is far more fast and intense nowadays.

It's not that players CAN'T play 50 matches a season, it's just that they tend to lose sharpness
  • Do they have red, amber, green system relevant to mins played and trained?

Is it the footballers choice or backroom staff?

Is it not down to keeping them fit?
  • It just occurred to me that we kept JBG this year by saying we will invest in the squad and compete etc. however, and forgive me if this is something I heard or whether she actually said it, but I recall hearing recently that KM reckons we're on the right amount of points (or where we wanted to be) at this stage in the season.

I know the championship is a long and tough league and yes theoretically we are in it up until we are out of it mathetically. However, this recent run of results suggests our squad cannot compete.

You would think that JBG having I assumed been given assurances that we have immediate ambition would be a little miffed at what has transpired so far this season
  • I wouldn't worry about him, JBG seems to have a rest whenever we go a couple of goals behind.
  • You can ask him when he comes to Bromley Addicks on 29th October with Stephen Henderson.
  • You can ask him when he comes to Bromley Addicks on 29th October with Stephen Henderson.

He should be resting then.