Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's not everyday you speak to someone who lives on Floyd Road...

Not for me anyway! I live in Shrewsbury,Shropshire and work in an opticians in the town centre.So imagine my surprise when a customer calls requesting we have some contact lenses sent out to her home address,on Floyd Road! In a very busy shop I had to try and hide my admiration for the customers address but couldn't help asking if she lived more towards the ground,club shop,or up towards the Valley cafe!

Comments

• Not for me anyway! I live in Shrewsbury,Shropshire and work in an opticians in the town centre.So imagine my surprise when a customer calls requesting we have some contact lenses sent out to her home address,on Floyd Road! In a very busy shop I had to try and hide my admiration for the customers address but couldn't help asking if she lived more towards the ground,club shop,or up towards the Valley cafe!

And still she did not support Charlton!
  • Ex client of mine lived on there she moaned about not being able to park her car on a sat. Her husband was milwall
  • Hide you addmiration Floyd Road is a shithole

It's as bad as any street next to a ground gets and that includes the piss taking at shithurst.

It may be now, but people who were born there are great people, the best (I don't suppose you can guess where I was born)?
  • Not for me anyway! I live in Shrewsbury,Shropshire and work in an opticians in the town centre.So imagine my surprise when a customer calls requesting we have some contact lenses sent out to her home address,on Floyd Road! In a very busy shop I had to try and hide my admiration for the customers address but couldn't help asking if she lived more towards the ground,club shop,or up towards the Valley cafe!

Does she fancy a job selling match day programmes from her front garden?
  • My uncle moved next door to The Valley (literally only the gate separated him and the club shop) during our exile. Amazing right? Not for him! He is not a football fan and used to get quite irate every other Saturday with people leaning on his wall reading the Valley Review...or Voice of The Valley of course. Ideal for my dad and I on a match day though! He moved about ten years ago now and lives a bit further away these days!
  • New 2 school friends who lived on Floyd Road

My Dad was born there as well

All 3 above were within 10 doors of the clubshop
  • always though it must be near on impossible to sell a house that close to a football ground, as much as I love Charlton I'd never in a million years live in Floyd Road
  • Sponsored links:

• always though it must be near on impossible to sell a house that close to a football ground, as much as I love Charlton I'd never in a million years live in Floyd Road

Guess it depends as well who the team is... Imagine if you live in a house really close to the Den, nobody would want to buy it because of the potential crowd trouble that you'd get nearly every week, on the other hand bet people would love to buy local to Selhurst Park because of how easy it is to get to a Sainsburys
  • Lousy view I guess with that mist rolling in from the sea !
  • I very nearly ended up renting a flat on Floyd Road - deposit was down, everything sorted - the the f**king letting agency phoned me up to tell me that the landlord had decided to give it to his cousin instead, after I'd cancelled my existing contract. Fortunately a property I'd turned down the previous week was still up to let - and I'm still there now!

I won't name the letting agency but their headquarters are on Trafalgar Road
  • I'm waiting for Terry Naylor to come on

I wonder if he will tell the story about when we put clingfilm over his bog in his gaff down Floyd Road!

Your spelling is equally shit.

;)
  • Yeah lived Floyd road 94-96 OK for me to roll out of bed and be in my seat in 5mins!! Very funny Off_It coming back from the Canary Islands at 3 in the morning to find my whole flat turned upside down then putting cling film over the toilet!! Lucky for me I noticed before it got messy Grrrrr
  • Davo55 said:

Last year I did a lot of research on my grandad's (first world) war record. He was born in 1890 and was working at the Siemens factory in Woolwich when he joined up in 1915. When demobbed in 1919 his home address, with his wife (my dad's mum) was in Floyd Road. He was an addick from the very start. They had 10 kids in all, 9 of whom survived to adulthood. My dad and a number of his siblings were born in Floyd Road, and nan and grandad later moved to one of the flats in Valley Grove.

I ask you, what bloody chance did I have of not being an Addick?! None at all.

Wow! So he would have been about 15 in 1905, when a group of (roughly) 15 year olds founded Charlton. I wonder if he knew any of them!