Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No short-term fix to secure Prem dream, warns Charlton CEO

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015

I think it is wrong to say criticism isn’t constructive.

Where have I once mentioned that?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

colthe3rd said:

See below.
    colthe3rd said:

If we are not allowed to comment on what we think should be done, what are we doing on a football forum? When you buy a football club, you know that supporters are part of that. They are a source of revenue, but also support - hence the word supporter. It seems to me that the most successful period in the clubs recent history was when it worked well with supporters. It is true that the owner can do what he wants with his club, but it is our club too. We put money into the club - apart from being a season ticket holder when really there is no advantage to me, I also support valley gold for instance, to help the club fund youth development. I don't do that with Tesco or BP for example. If supporters can't express a view on a forum, we might as well all pack it in!

However, what I would say, the people that are currently against RD and his methods rarely have any constructive input.
    I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopedic shoes!
  • Options
    Really close to posting an "im just here for the comments" meme.....
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

colthe3rd said:

See below.
    colthe3rd said:

If we are not allowed to comment on what we think should be done, what are we doing on a football forum? When you buy a football club, you know that supporters are part of that. They are a source of revenue, but also support - hence the word supporter. It seems to me that the most successful period in the clubs recent history was when it worked well with supporters. It is true that the owner can do what he wants with his club, but it is our club too. We put money into the club - apart from being a season ticket holder when really there is no advantage to me, I also support valley gold for instance, to help the club fund youth development. I don't do that with Tesco or BP for example. If supporters can't express a view on a forum, we might as well all pack it in!

However, what I would say, the people that are currently against RD and his methods rarely have any constructive input.
    So nothing like what you have suggested.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

razil said:

Greenie said:

pump your own money in then Rick

The same meaningless line was deployed in support of John Fryer and the move to Selhurst Park in 1985. We all invest in the club, financially, emotionally and in terms of our time. The idea that we are precluded from even having an opinion about the way it is run because we don't own the shares belongs to the 1950s.
    But the reality is that our opinions do mean nothing, and until a supporter stumps up and buys the club our 'business' opinions will continue to mean nothing.
    Hear what u say Greenie, but to say that a substantial wedge of positive income that comes from an engaged fanbase means nothing just doesn't add up. Ignore that and you get less loyalty, more apathy, lower spend, lower gates.

This isnt just a view of trust people, its common sense, and a view shared by more enlightened people in the game.
    I understand Razil, but if 30% of our fanbase left cos we were all pissed off because of poor comms from the club, and then RD got us in the Prem the loss of those fans to RD ( I am of course speculating here) would be inconsequential because new fans would pay to see prem games, so in the great scheme of things we are as loyal fans redundant.
    The Premiership can only be 18 clubs, but yes its a point of view. I went to a talk recently at Henley business school, the former COO of manu was there and I was surprised how similar his views were to mine on this. He's now ceo at Internazionale

• Options
    Sorry, I have not read all of this thread, so do not know if it has been mentioned, but Jurgen Klopp has just said exactly the same message as KM,
    "Twenty-five years ago is a long time," said Klopp. "History is only the base for us; [we shouldn't] keep the history in our backpack all day.
    "I want to see the first step next week and not always compare with other times. This is a great club with big potential. Everything is there. Let's try to start a new way.
    "I ask, please give us time. If you are patient and are prepared to work, in a special Liverpool way we can be successful.
    "If I am sitting here in four years, we will win one title [piece of silverware] in this time."
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Sorry, I have not read all of this thread, so do not know if it has been mentioned, but Jurgen Klopp has just said exactly the same message as KM,
    "Twenty-five years ago is a long time," said Klopp. "History is only the base for us; [we shouldn't] keep the history in our backpack all day.
    "I want to see the first step next week and not always compare with other times. This is a great club with big potential. Everything is there. Let's try to start a new way.
    "I ask, please give us time. If you are patient and are prepared to work, in a special Liverpool way we can be successful.
    "If I am sitting here in four years, we will win one title [piece of silverware] in this time."

He only started this morning though
  • Options

Let's face it we're currently very dull and will continue to be a very dull treading water nothing club under RD

Our pleasure has to come from someone else's pain , step forward millwall and their wankiness making last season a great season
    but the yang to that ying is we have palace doing great things and that hurts

luckily for me i can deal with that

but woe betide that boring belgian if the scum rise from the ashes and start knocking on the premierships door , as we yo yo from 14th place to the heady heights of 12th in the championship , that wont be good enough !!

But for how long will we tread water before we drown?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Exactly the same message as KM?! I don't recall her promising any silverware if she's still in the boardroom in 4 years!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

ross1 said:

He only started this morning though
    Slacker. They should be 3rd in the league by now.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

ross1 said:

Exactly the same message as KM?! I don't recall her promising any silverware if she's still in the boardroom in 4 years!
    Alright, not exactly, but you know what I mean, the same general gist, but who knows, there may be silverware in the forseeable future, be positive
  • Options
    Positive? POSITIVE????

Burn Him!!!!
  • Options

Organ grinders and monkeys come to mind but even if her ambition is mediocrity, we still has some way to go before we achieve it.

The owner is doing very nicely on his modest investment thank you and that's all that matters.

What's the opposite of inspirational?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Somewhat easier to believe when said by a person with his pedigree.
  • Options
    "The days in league 1 with Powell seem an age away now."

The days in league 1 with Roland and co might not be too long to wait for.
  • Options
    We have shown no ambition by letting Stephens, Poyet, Gomez, Wiggins,
    Kermogant go and not replacing them with likewise skilled players!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

MrLargo said:

ross1 said:

Alright, not exactly, but you know what I mean, the same general gist, but who knows, there may be silverware in the forseeable future, be positive
    Be positive? The only thing B+ about me is my blood group.

• Options
    The reality is we were spoilt in the days of Murray/Varney/Curbs and even Powell as we had people at the top who genuinely knew what CAFC means emotionally.

Now we have a few threads holding that together in the likes of Jackson, Euell, Solly and Cousins, but of those only JJ has real leadership/ comms influence. It's all just slowly eroding into a hard - nosed rational experiment.
  • Options
    I'm really not sure what it is but I don't think it's an experiment.
  • Options

I think it may have been to begin with, linking FFP with the 'network', but now I haven't got a clue hence the need for communication of some sort.
  • Options

RD seems like a stay of execution, rather than a saviour
    I think the club are financially secure. Have a plan to establish a very good academy and look to buy cheap and sell high but I don't see any plan other than all that working out at some unknown point in the future.

It might well make us a type of Crewe Alexandra of the Champioship but I can't see it all coming together enough to produce a team capable of challenging.

Perhaps that's it. Perhaps RD is quite happy to leave as his legacy a club on a sound footing. Anything else will be a bonus.

Fecked if I can work it out.

• Options
    edited October 2015

RD seems like a stay of execution, rather than a saviour
    Agree with this, we are financially secure as long as RD is here but think we will be in real trouble when he or his relatives decide to sell up looking for a profit despite his naive plan having no chance of increasing our value enough to even break even on all his investment, what happens to our club then is my biggest fear.