Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deadline close for advance orders of new "Charlton Athletic in Pictures 1975 - 2015

Steve asked me to post this and I'm happy to do and not just because he's donating a copy to the museum

Steve Bridge is closing in on his deadline (Saturday 10th October) for advance orders to purchase the Limited Edition Hardback of his book 'Charlton Athletic In Pictures 1975-2015' from his web page www.youralbumonline.co.uk/sbridge.htm

Club Ambassador and legend Keith Peacock has seen a prototype of the book and has written a foreword to it that includes this extract:
"To capture moments of the past that will live in our memories forever, is a very special treasure to pass on to so many Charlton fans. This is exactly what Steve has achieved....and you will be reminded of what the fans have enjoyed and endured over a period of forty years. The range of photographs is quite incredible."

Due for publication in November the hardback album of photographs would be an ideal Christmas present for Charlton fans.

Comments

• Can I add that Steve Bridge is a top bloke who did my wedding photos at very short notice, brilliantly.

I do hope we can support this venture - it clearly represents an accumulation of his considerable talents.
  • Being an old fashioned sort of an arse, I posted Steve a cheque a while back, haven't noticed it's been cashed and haven't heard a peep, could you check for me Henners?
  • Fumbluff said:

Being an old fashioned sort of an arse, I posted Steve a cheque a while back, haven't noticed it's been cashed and haven't heard a peep, could you check for me Henners?

What did your last servant die of? ; - )

Inbox me the name on the cheque and the date and I'll message Steve

• Sore knees

And okay, no worries
  • Fumbluff said:

Sore knees

And okay, no worries

my ITK sources tell me a cheque arrived from darkest Swanley with you name on it,

Book will be with you in November.
  • He wants to be careful. I thought Acworth had already released a similar book. He'll have his copyright lawyers after him. ;-)
  • Think I have seen all the pictures for the first 20 odd years when me and my wife viewed his house in 1998, mentioned we were Charlton fans, and 45 mins later we were still going through Wembley albums !
  • Think I have seen all the pictures for the first 20 odd years when me and my wife viewed his house in 1998, mentioned we were Charlton fans, and 45 mins later we were still going through Wembley albums !

Hate to point this out (well I don't in truth) but a new born on the day you viewed that house could potentially now be in their last year of school. There must, therefore, be a lot of photos that you haven't seen but, of more importance, is the fact that you and your better half are still together. Well I assume you are anyway.

Hate to point this out (well I don't in truth) but a new born on the day you viewed that house could potentially now be in their last year of school. There must, therefore, be a lot of photos that you haven't seen but, of more importance, is the fact that you and your better half are still together. Well I assume you are anyway.
    They'd be in year 12/lower 6th as the presence of a grumpy teenager of that ilk and vintage in my house reminds me daily :-)
  • Mine is ordered and can't wait for it!