Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet United

The new name for Gravesend and Northfleet "to tap in to the regeneration of the area". And the fans groups approved it.

So what would you change Charlton's name to if you had to. Only as bit of fun as with should stick with our name and colours as we have always done unlike Millwall Rovers and the Claret and Blue team from SE25.

Thames Corridor Athletic?

Microsoft Operating Systems? (for when Bill Gates puts zillions into the team)

Comments

• Options
    that's awful, can't believe the fans would sell their history like that. shame on you gravesend.

I'm still waiting for a mega-rich plastic surgeon to buy the club and rename the ground Silicone Valley
  • Options
    When did they merge? I assume they were once two seperate clubs.
  • Options
    I am assuming that as they are refer to themselves as "The Fleet" that changing the name will not make that much difference. Still, can't believe they agreed to it. Ebbsfleet doesn't even exist as a place, just a blooming railway station.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When did they merge? I assume they were once two seperate clubs.

originally Northfleet United, then briefly Gravesend United, then finally Gravesend & Northfleet from 1946.
  • Options
    Charlton Nil
  • Options
    There getting a new ground out of it, by all accounts, so I don't think they mind too much
  • Options
    They will soon be bigger than Gillingham at this rate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They will soon be bigger than Gillingham at this rate.

Don't bet against Gillingham moving to a site near Stonebridge road
  • Options
    I think Ebbsfleet United already have agreement on the site that Scully was eyeing up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I think Ebbsfleet United already have agreement on the site that Scully was eyeing up

Ah, cue another Scally rant against Medway council then!!

They should be allowed to move to Temple marsh. Might make the journey for me and Carlsberg a bit slower roundabout the motorway bridge though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to Henry's original question -

Millennium Utd?
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet United? What a crock of old cack. Still, that's the club that was happy to play MK Dons in a friendly last summer.
  • Options
    I am well narked with the new name!what a joke!
  • Options
    Operation Athletic
  • Options
    we need a name that'll attract even more punters from the Valley Express heartlands ...

... "Gravesend and Northfleet" will be available soon
  • Options
    East Greenwich Athletic

South Blackheath Athletic

If we were to rename & had an estate agent involved in the process??
  • Options
    Charlton Slopes Athletic.

Or we could just name ourselves after a railway station nearby, which would mean we'd be called Charlton Woolwich Dockyard Athletic. (Westcombe Park is taken by a rugby team.)
  • Options
    Llaneragog.....................agogagogagog or whatever that place in Anglesey is called
  • Options
    Charlton
    United
    New
    Team.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Operation Athletic

lol, top notch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the play off final at their place on Saturday against Steve Brown's former team Dover on Saturday.

Pleased for Brownie , rocky start but done well . Going to pop along myself , always nice to be able to drink a pint at the match whilst standing watching the action.
  • Options
    Also beat Dover today in the Kent Cup Final (4-0 I believe, guess both teams rested players too), might pop along Saturday myself.
  • Options
    might be quite spicy, I know ebbsfleet "poached" a few dover players and spat their dummy out. Good luck ebbsfleet, Brownie and Varney!
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet v Bristol Rovers doesn't quiet sound right to be honest.
  • Options
    If they do go up it will be interesting to see what the Kuwait mob do of they go up and if they want to go straight up again.

I can see them building a new ground long term closer to the train station.
  • Options
    It's all ticket on Saturday lads, just so you know.
  • Options
    Its not all ticket but is expecting to be a sell out so get down early if you want to get in... Adults £10, concessions £8, juniors £5 and U12s get in free with a adult
  • Options

might be quite spicy, I know ebbsfleet "poached" a few dover players and spat their dummy out. Good luck ebbsfleet, Brownie and Varney!

Poached 8 Dover players! So Dover v Dover Old Boys.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Its not all ticket but is expecting to be a sell out so get down early if you want to get in... Adults £10, concessions £8, juniors £5 and U12s get in free with a adult

You're absolutely right Blinkant, the police have retracted their earlier statement and it is now not all ticket.

Should be a cracker!
  • Options
    Seconds out, round one