Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injuries

Anyone know the latest on big Mak or Igor ? . Don't understand... players seem to pick up a knock or a tweak and then disappear for weeks on end !

Comments

• angrybird said:

Anyone know the latest on big Mak or Igor ? . Don't understand... players seem to pick up a knock or a tweak and then disappear for weeks on end !

Both unfit, will not be part of the squad.

• Igor and Jacko were running on Monday, but may only make subs bench at best.
  • Frustrating thing is we don't get enough updates on injuries. When we do its.... He's not far away or could return to training soon. Henderson who imo is our biggest miss, seems to be about to return every week!!!
  • Frustrating thing is we don't get enough updates on injuries. When we do its.... He's not far away or could return to training soon. Henderson who imo is our biggest miss, seems to be about to return every week!!!

Do any club these days though?

Other than the Premier League teams who get national coverage you never get constant updates on this sort of thing.

I even remember us playing Man Utd one year with the assurance that Giggs and Keane were injured yet appeared in the starting eleven
  • Keeps it a secret from our opposition, anyway, why should we be told, we are only supporters
  • ross1 said:

Keeps it a secret from our opposition, anyway, why should we be told, we are only supporters

True.
  • ross1 said:

Keeps it a secret from our opposition, anyway, why should we be told, we are only supporters

Bingo...
  • Oh for the days of honesty and transparency. When we could pick up the programme and read the page all about the latest injury updates from the physio. I really question the benefit of this secrecy, it's not as if we have Messi or any player with the ability to tear the opposition to shreds is it? It doesn't seem to be helping us in terms of results either, all it seems to be achieving is frustration for the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015

Oh for the days of honesty and transparency. When we could pick up the programme and read the page all about the latest injury updates from the physio. I really question the benefit of this secrecy, it's not as if we have Messi or any player with the ability to tear the opposition to shreds is it? It doesn't seem to be helping us in terms of results either, all it seems to be achieving is frustration for the fans.

well, when we are told there is disagreement between the medical and fitness staff about whether or not Igor is fit, when it is obvious to a 5 year old that he is not, that's probably the reason.

Something is wrong with the setup behind the scenes. We can see the evidence, as we did back in I think 2001 when Parker "picked up a knock" pre- season and he didn't play until October. The previous year it had all been denied, but the Parker injury brought wholesale sackings.

I don't say such drastic action is needed now, we cannot know, but something is not right. That much we know, and nobody at the club should try to whitewash it, especially re Vetokele.
  • No doubt if there are problems with medical and fitness staff, you will hear at the end of the year that someone has left for a better job and we have brought someone else in
  • Kashi not in the 18 today... the injury list is getting longer by the game...
  • A mate in the lounge had a chat with Big Mak, and he said he has now recovered from his muscle injury and will play (if selected) in the game against Reading.
  • Kashi not in the 18 today... the injury list is getting longer by the game...

missed his tenancity tbh
  • I think we should put an injury update out every week that is complete bollox

"after big Mak suffered a set back and TWatt went over his ankle in training, fans should not be surprised to see KAG start up top on his own this weekend"

then start with Big Mak, Twatt AND Igor all up top
  • Where's REZA :heartbreak:
  • Henderson, and SM available for the next game against Reading, Moussa and JJ getting fitter, just leaves Kashi (reportedly having operation on ankle this week), Reza and Igor, of first team, to come back and surely Reza (off for two weeks, originally stated) and Igor, cannot be very far away?
  • ross1 said:

Henderson, and SM available for the next game against Reading, Moussa and JJ getting fitter, just leaves Kashi (reportedly having operation on ankle this week), Reza and Igor, of first team, to come back and surely Reza (off for two weeks, originally stated) and Igor, cannot be very far away?

Not being funny, but source for that?

What about Cellabos?

• ross1 said:

Henderson, and SM available for the next game against Reading, Moussa and JJ getting fitter, just leaves Kashi (reportedly having operation on ankle this week), Reza and Igor, of first team, to come back and surely Reza (off for two weeks, originally stated) and Igor, cannot be very far away?

What about Cellabos?

Ceballos lol
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of what is coming up on Dr Kish has been up on here a few days before (nowadays at least)

Sadly it's all reactive content these days.
  • Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

What about Cellabos?

Ceballos lol
    Quite. Never seen him, so not surprising I can't spell him :-)
  • Well that's the horse's mouth that tolled the bell for Karel Fraeye to take over from Peeters, lets remember.

But he strongly implies that he has spoken to Henderson himself, so fair enough. I certainly hope he's right.
  • I spoke to Ceballos on saturday at half time, nice guy. He was still wearing a protecting boot and said he bone was badly bruised. Said he hoped to be back for Reading and the boot was just a precaution now
  • edited October 2015

ross1 said:

What about Cellabos?

Ketts at Dr Kish:

Henderson is now close to a return, and the player himself believes he could feature in the next game at Reading. He may need an Under-21 game or two to sharpen his reflexes, so it will be interesting to see if he plays in Tuesday's Kent Senior Cup game at Hythe, or next Monday's match against Birmingham City at Sparrows Lane .
    Another player likely to return at the Madejski is influential striker, Simon Makienok. The big Dane suffered a hamstring problem at Wolves in late August, and possibly came back too early, leadong to further complications .

‎Franck Moussa has made late cameo appearances in the last two games and is another who could start at Reading.
    If you want to read the whole article, check at Dr Kish, Ceballos not mentioned
  • see above, @ross1...
  • Well that's the horse's mouth that tolled the bell for Karel Fraeye to take over from Peeters, lets remember.

But he strongly implies that he has spoken to Henderson himself, so fair enough. I certainly hope he's right.
    To be fair, Henderson tweeted that he should be available for Reading:

Stephen Henderson ‏@henderson_sf Oct 4
    Back training and working hard to b available for selection after the break