Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Shooting In America?

Comments

• At least two dead in a shooting at Lackland Air Force base, San Antonio, Texas. RIP.
  • Chizz said:

At least two dead in a shooting at Lackland Air Force base, San Antonio, Texas. RIP.

I have a bunch of former clients based on the three joint bases around San Antonio. I know one is based out of Lackland, but people float around from time to time. Have a message in to former colleagues and clients checking in on everyone. They're all good, honest, decent, hardworking people.
  • At least 20 dead in club shooting in Florida

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36510272
  • At least 20 dead in club shooting in Florida

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36510272

Bloody hell. Had been following the news but had no idea of the number of casualties. Incredibly sad.
  • Thirty hostages were rescued, so could have been even worse.
  • Fox news and Trump absolutely aching for the rumours that it is terrorist related to be true.
  • Horrific. RIP

• >If only there were even more guns in America, I am sure this tragedy would have been prevented....

A nation of lunacy, legitamised by an out of context document signed centuries ago. Society gets what it deserves when it allows anyone to have a gun, the people themselves however are tragic innocent victims.

RIP to those who were killed, but America really is a different world, if they didn't speak English, we would find them completely bizarre and spend more time with the Germans and Dutch.
    Bar staff and security should have all been armed to the teeth....
  • 1StevieG said:

>If only there were even more guns in America, I am sure this tragedy would have been prevented....

A nation of lunacy, legitamised by an out of context document signed centuries ago. Society gets what it deserves when it allows anyone to have a gun, the people themselves however are tragic innocent victims.

RIP to those who were killed, but America really is a different world, if they didn't speak English, we would find them completely bizarre and spend more time with the Germans and Dutch.

There was an armed policeman on duty who exchanged fire with the killer. Hostage taking came after that.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Fox news and Trump absolutely aching for the rumours that it is terrorist related to be true.

Here we go............
  • Horrific news yet again! RIP all the innocent victims
  • HexHex
    edited June 2016

1StevieG said:

>If only there were even more guns in America, I am sure this tragedy would have been prevented....

There was an armed policeman on duty who exchanged fire with the killer. Hostage taking came after that.

RIP
    Went to the States for my nephew's wedding a few years ago. The reception finished at 9pm as they would have been required to hire more security then the 2 armed guards stood at each end of the bar. The local sherrif also turned up and stood by the exit to ensure no alchohol was taken outside. This was at an out-of-town countryside venue with it's own chapel. The reception was in a converted barn. Different world for sure !
  • edited June 2016
    they'll just call it terrorism to sidestep the real issue
  • Fifty dead is latest number.
  • Omar Mateen, American citizen of Afghan parents apparently.
  • I was about to say, this is being treated as a "Terrorist Incident" which traditionally means the gunman has brown skin (see above). That said, to be fair to this administration, there is a movement to refer to all such mass shootings as terrorism.
  • Call it whatever you want, this is terrorism.
  • Father has said it was nothing to do with religion, it was because he was angry that he saw two men kissing.

Some people are so screwed up.
  • limeygent said:

Call it whatever you want, this is terrorism.

Agree but the question is relating this to Islamic terrorism. Will be a big difference in reaction to that scenario than if this tragedy has been perpetrated by some lone right wing nut job.

• Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

Call it whatever you want, this is terrorism.

Very much agree, as was Newtown and Columbia, SC, and VaTech.

President Obama said this in response to a question about gun control a couple weeks ago. Something that I didn't know is that The Center for Disease Control (CDC) cannot investigate gun deaths. The CDC is the largest public organization (I think, it may be "NIH") that studies public health concerns, but they cannot do that for gun violence which is obscene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imFvSua3Kg
  • How do I begin the process of expatriating myself? I know violence is everywher but im getting fed up
  • edited June 2016
    As Limey has said, this is a terrorist attack.

Whether it's religion or homophobia, how can one person gun down 50 innocent people in cold blood?

Whoever this guy was, he was fucking insane.
  • Addickted said:

.......how can one person gun down 50 innocent people in cold blood.

When you can legally walk into a shop and buy an assault rifle it is not that hard.
    I have weapons, I'm not inclined to go out and shoot people, the thought of doing so is as abhorrent to me as it is to most gun owners.

Connection to ISIS is being hinted at now by the authorities.
  • Protection against those who would do me harm, obviously, and is my right.
  • To be fair WSS, I also have weapons legally held in the UK.

Though at my age, I'd be lucky to fire four rounds in a minute.