Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Albums of ........1995

2»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

My favourite album of all time came out in 1995. *remains mysterious*

There's actually some confusion about its release date and it might be 1996 after all. Ah well!

My favourite 1995 album?

Probably one of

Mr Bungle - Disco Volante
    Ulver - Bergtatt
    Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
    Ved Buens Ende - Written In Waters
    O.L.D. - Formula
    Tim Smith - Tim Smith's Extra Special OceanLandWorld (this should give you a clue as to my 1996/all-time choice)
    The Sea Nymphs - The Sea Nymphs (ditto)

and highly commendeds to Spiritualized - Pure Phase and The Dandy Warhols - The Dandy Warhols Rule OK

At gunpoint, The Sea Nymphs. Obv.

Yours,

a music nerd
  • Options
    You've left out The Outhere Brothers @Leuth
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Ask Me Tomorrow by Mojave 3 (very under rated band)

My word do I love Mojave. Saw them in a low-key gig (weirdly I remember it was the day Redknapp left West Ham) once and fell in love immediately. Return to Sender and Any Day Will Be Fine are two of my all time favourites.

They used to tour with Gomez, cos they knew breaking America was more important than the UK. I think they join in on the final track of Gomez's second album. (I believe it's this track).
  • Options
    Tricky - Maxinquaye
    Pavement - Wowee Zowee
    PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
    Yo La Tengo - ElectrOPura

Are my favourites among those not already mentioned.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Oakster said:

My word do I love Mojave. Saw them in a low-key gig (weirdly I remember it was the day Redknapp left West Ham) once and fell in love immediately. Return to Sender and Any Day Will Be Fine are two of my all time favourites.

They used to tour with Gomez, cos they knew breaking America was more important than the UK. I think they join in on the final track of Gomez's second album. (I believe it's this track).
    Spoon And Rafter is a great album but the only Mojave 3 album that's really clicked for me
  • Options
    Black Grape - It's Great When Your Straight... Yeah
  • Options
    The Charlatans - The Charlatans
  • Options
    Spacehog - Resident Alien (but if I'm honest I only used to listen to In The Meantime)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Garbage - Garbage
    Skunk Anansie - Paranoid & Sunburnt
    Astro Creep 2000 - White Zombie

Two damn fine debut albums
  • Options
    Blade - Planned and Executed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some great albums that year, though the best selling one of the year was Robson & Jerome.

Masterminded by Simon Cowell, whatever happened to him?
  • Options
    Wish I had been older during these years to appreciate just how good the music and the culture around it was at the time.

Oasis - Whats The Story Morning Glory is one of the very few 'no filler' UK albums to come out of the last 20 years. Pulp also a fantastic band.
  • Options
    …and Out Come the Wolves by Rancid, hasn't aged a day.
  • Options
    It always amazes me with these music threads how I always seem to be the only one that listened and liked popular shite
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Grand Prix by Teenage Fanclub - not quite as good as Songs From Northern Britain (1997)

Actually prefer Grand Prix.

First time I went to Vegas we had a day trip to a ghost town out in the sticks and I got to listen Mojave 3 whilst driving through the Mojave Desert.

No idea why I remember this, but didn't you have a Mojave 3 track for your first dance at your wedding?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Oakster said:

Grand Prix by Teenage Fanclub - not quite as good as Songs From Northern Britain (1997)

Actually prefer Grand Prix.

First time I went to Vegas we had a day trip to a ghost town out in the sticks and I got to listen Mojave 3 whilst driving through the Mojave Desert.

No idea why I remember this, but didn't you have a Mojave 3 track for your first dance at your wedding?
    Yes indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7sMA4TCins&ab_channel=Mike73

that wedding was quite the piss up, I recall @razil & his khaki chinos which acted like blotting paper after the torrential downpour - the photos from that day are a joy!

I wasn't a huge Slowdive fan, I liked them - but I really got into Mojave 3 & Neil Halstead's solo stuff....I think sometimes British bands do the whole folky/Americana stuff better than the Yanks.

• Options
    You're wedding day @Oakster is stuff of legends and still talked about to this day.
  • Options

It always amazes me with these music threads how I always seem to be the only one that listened and liked popular shite

It does not amaze me Dan. But there is nothing wrong with that either. I liked Blur, Oasis and Pulp out of those mentioned. I have no idea whatsoever about any of the artists Leuth talks about, except Spiritualized (meh) and the one hit wonders Dandy Warhols (good one hit, well done). Other than that I was listening to rockabilly mate.