Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Cardiff match thread 26/9/15

Afternoon all and welcome to today's match thread. So can we stop the rot today, or do we lose again and hope to get back to winning ways in front of the cameras next week at home to Fulham?
The way we are playing, injuries or suspensions to key players and a very threadbare squad, I'd be happy if we can take a point today and one next week as well. I really hope we can get over this blip, but we currently lie in 16th place and we are hardly playing the attractive and positive football we were before the break are we? Is RD's way beginning to fall over, or is this just simply a loss of collective form? So many questions, very few answers I'm afraid. I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them.................COYR's!!

Comments

• Afternoon Red. Afternoon all, respect to the travelling Addicks.
    The Blackburn thread last week was dispiriting, and so was going to Selhurst Park, could do with some cheer today.
    I will report as usual from the Cardiff commentary, apologies for slowness, lagging and inevitable typos.
    Goodness knows what the team and the subs will be.
  • afternoon @sethplum and thanks as ever for the opposition perspective
  • Dick Plumb reports that neither Jackson or Vetokele have travelled.
  • Hoping for a lift today, we need it as a club.

Anything but three points will be a disaster for Luzon after Wednesday night.

Come on you reds, lets get our season back on track.
  • Hope the travelling support has a good afternoon.
  • Team news will be out in about 5 mins
  • CHARLTON | Pope, Solly (c), Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Kennedy, Kashi, Cousins, Bergdich, Gudmundsson, Watt
  • SUBS | Mitov, Lennon, Ba, McAleny, Moussa, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah
  • Good to see moussa back
  • I said who needs Vetokele when you have Lookman, Ahearne-Grant and Umerah? That bench is actually a crèche, with Moussa the older brother having to look after the rest!
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-5-1, switching to 4-3-3 when attacking?
  • seth plum said:

Afternoon Red. Afternoon all, respect to the travelling Addicks.
    The Blackburn thread last week was dispiriting, and so was going to Selhurst Park, could do with some cheer today.
    I will report as usual from the Cardiff commentary, apologies for slowness, lagging and inevitable typos.
    Goodness knows what the team and the subs will be.

Half the 18 at least have to be untested/unproven young players-guessing,Mitov,Kennedy,THD,Cook,KAG,Lennon, Sarr,Ba and Bergdich-shocking state to be in and still on September.
  • No igor at all?
  • Interesting line up. Is this the first time we've played 4-5-1 this season?
  • Interesting line up. Is this the first time we've played 4-5-1 this season?

I guess it could either be 4-5-1 / 4-2-2 or 4-4-1-1 (i.e. you could play Kennedy or Gudmundsson up front with Watt or have either just behind him)
  • C'mon yoooooooo Aaaaaaaaaaadicks!
  • CHARLTON | Pope, Solly (c), Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Kennedy, Kashi, Cousins, Bergdich, Gudmundsson, Watt

SUBS | Mitov, Lennon, Ba, McAleny, Moussa, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah

Yuck that squad. Was unconfident pre-match, now it nears I'm even more so. Don't rate Bergdich even a tad, Kennedy I don't think is ready/built for this level.. and Sarr looks a defence liability/lack of a partnership up against Bauer, they leave some almighty holes between them at CB when Sarr goes walking.

Oh what a difference this is feeling from the start of the season!
  • Pretty sure it'll be 4-4-1-1 with Kennedy on the right and JBG behind Watt, as it was last week. Don't think Luzon's ever played 4-5-1/4-3-3 and like Peeters he doesn't tend to change his system.
  • Wondering if Moussa is even ready? Our hand being forced to give Umerah a go too. Might be worth a shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Ba must be oldest on the bench I guess, good to see Moussa back and then we have academy players, be interesting to see if young Umerah gets on. Watched him last week in the 'you tube live game' against Sheff Wed, he looks very promising as does Lookman.
  • Attacking bench
  • Masciat never wrong
  • edited September 2015
    INJURED | Henderson, Vetokele, Makienok, Jackson, Ceballos, Ghoochannejhad, Charles-Cook all remain injured. #cafc #CAFCLive

Dick Plumb said he saw JJ and Igor training for an hour this morning
  • Is Kennedy a winger? I thought he was a striker.
  • Hows this for an injury list-:
    Henderson, Vetokele, Makienok, Jackson, Ceballos, Ghoochannejhad, Charles-Cook.
  • agree the Scoham's line up, at Bburn it looked as if JBJ just didn't know what to do or where to go, perhaps he has had some coaching for the postion.
  • If Bergditch can step up it might help.
    Kennedy has had to shoulder a lot of responsibility lately.
    Do your best lads.
  • Henderson was also there but was not training. Moussa looked very fit playing for the U21s
  • Cardiff -:Moore, Fabio, Morrison, Connolly, Malone, Ralls, Dikgacoi, Whittingham, Pilkington, Jones, Mason
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!