Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Don't you just hate "fans" that don't go

especially muppets who support Man U or Liverpool and live in london - got no problem with people who do but go to games

got an essex based Liverpool fan at work and can't talk to the bloke seriously about football - he's been texting me all night about Liverpool in the end said why don't you try going to a fucking game........

Or am I out of order.......

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Spot on mate.

I've been to Old Trafford 4 times. That's 4 times more than the 'lifelong Man U fan' I've known for about 15 years....
  • Options
    Could not agree more. I know it's childish but I've had pub fights about this.

Out of my mates, one goes regular to Arsenal, a couple go down the pikey Gillingham and one goes to Chelski.

The rest of them I can say I have been to their 'home' grounds more times than they have!!

I will only take grief from someone who goes on a regular basis
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    I will only take grief from someone who goes on a regular basis

Cheers Meddders and Carter thought it was just me.

Couldn't agree more by the Way Carter with above point
  • Options
    Exactly. How can they not go anyway? There must be at least a handful of games they could go and see in a season. Fulham, Blackburn and Wigan being 3 away games they could probably get tickets for. No time for people who don't go yet give it when their team does well.
  • Options
    It's the 'New Breed' of armchair supporter created by SKY tv. Just cos they have seen every live game a team has played they think that makes them a SUPPORTER when actual fact it makes them a FAN nothing else. There is a fundamental difference between the two, as in one goes to games the other does not.
  • Options
    Where I live there are very few fans of local clubs. There are however thousands of Liverpool, Manyoo, spuds, goons and Chelski 'fans'.

I can almost understand the supporting of London clubs if they actually travelled the mega journey to West/North London.

And when asked why they don't go you hear the response 'I can't get tickets'.

Bollocks.

I got a call last night off a mate of mine who is Liverpool 'through and through' and still has not even seen them play live!! He never misses a game though?!

Same with the manyoo lot. All own the latest shirts though. Almost makes me feel sorry for the gills fans round my way. Forgetting that they're a bunch of pikeys (piki plural?) they have no chance of building up a local following beyond what already exists
  • Options
    Hit on the nail Ketman.
  • Options
    hate plastics - whether they're Man U. Liverpool or anybody else but plastic scousers are the worst by far.
    HAd to endure a load of them in the pub I was in last night - ended up desperately wanting Chelsea to win the penalty shoot-out....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]hate plastics - whether they're Man U. Liverpool or anybody else but plastic scousers are the worst by far.
    HAd to endure a load of them in the pub I was in last night - ended up desperately wanting Chelsea to win the penalty shoot-out....

When they won in 2005 I was in a pub in chatham rammed full of plastic scousers and there was only me and a squaddie who were cheering Milan on. Got grief off people for that when I asked who they supported they replied it didn't matter because they were supporting the 'English' side!

Just how many English players did that side contain? Carragher & Gerrard?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    With the only exception being the European Cup (sorry, I still can't bring myself to called it the CL) I've never subscribed to this support the London/English Club tosh and as for supporting a Scottish club cos I'm British...forget it.

I can still remember feeling satisfied when Celtic lost the UEFA Cup a couple of years ago, there was more than a snigger when Arsenal lost to Valencia in 79 and who can forget that ex-spud Nayim mugging Seaman for the winner against them a few years back!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he's only looking on ebay for tickets now.

i wanna chin him.
  • Options
    I can't really comment as I've been to more Charlton away games at Blackburn/Birmingham/Bolton and Newcastle than Charlton home games - but at least I've been to plenty of Charlton games.

I've got a mate who's a dedicated Liverpool fan who'd never been to see them play at home until I took him and sat with Charlton fans last year (0-0) - he loved it, and is now trying to get a season ticket - he'll have to travel 2-3hours for every game, so it's so dedication if he goes through with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]he's only looking on ebay for tickets now.

i wanna chin him.

I hope you did, truly I do.

"My" gooner has been really quiet lately, other than talking about "doing you a favour" against Fulham. I just laughed and asked him why old Arsene wasn't complaining about the fixture pile up anymore!
  • Options
    I've got a plastic Man U fan at work, keeps slagging me off cos 'Charlton are sh*t' - as someone said previously, his excuse is that he can't get tickets, but he's not even a member.

Just because you buy your new season replica shirt from JJB doesn't make it right.
  • Options
    Ketman is right...the media coverage that the big clubs receive is disproportionate to which you can add in the success factor with those teams having better players, that they invariably win and have European adventures and it becomes easy to support them - a lack of imagination on their part. I find myself disliking these teams for the number of plastics who follow them rather than because they always win/dominate the league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I've got a plastic Man U fan at work, keeps slagging me off cos 'Charlton are sh*t' - as someone said previously, his excuse is that he can't get tickets, but he's not even a member.

Just because you buy your new season replica shirt from JJB doesn't make it right.

Much the same with a glory-hunting Chelski fan I know in Sheffield (has more connections in Nottingham and Poland - zilch in London). Never tries to get tickets for any of their games anywhere. I also know a plastic Everton supporter whom I don't think goes to many of their games either - and on Rooney - "we're not selling him" before he moved to ManUre and once he went ("glad to get rid of him")