Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The big experiment

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Perhaps thats also why CAFC found it hard to find buyers cos of the debt attached, doesn't that debt expire eventually?
  • Options
    razil said:

we have ACV on the Valley..

With attendance's dropping like a stone and interest in all things cafc on the wane , doubt that's worth the paper its written on.
  • Options
    Something needs to be done. We are at the bottom of the form table for the whole of league football.

Screenshot 2015-09-26 17.10.37
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    razil said:

Perhaps thats also why CAFC found it hard to find buyers cos of the debt attached, doesn't that debt expire eventually?

No. And the debt has increased since RD took over because of the operating loss and it will continue to rise, especially in view of the planned capital spend on the training ground. In fact operating a category one academy will of itself require more of a revenue contribution.
  • Options

Maybe that's why he is ploughing all that money into the academy, because he thinks over time it will produce more Joe Gomez types? That way he could flog all our best youngsters for a profit whilst spending as little as possible on cut price unknown foreign players to enable us to keep our heads above water in the Championship. He might even make a few quid on some of those cut-price players too if he's lucky.

This is what I think he's doing. If correct, what is the point of supporting the club anymore?
  • Options

razil said:

No. And the debt has increased since RD took over because of the operating loss and it will continue to rise, especially in view of the planned capital spend on the training ground. In fact operating a category one academy will of itself require more of a revenue contribution.
    I meant the former director debt..
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    razil said:

razil said:

I meant the former director debt..
    It doesn't expire. It's about £7m and only falls due on promotion, in which case it's a relatively modest imposition against the reward. The only extent to which it is a problem is that a potential purchaser of the club has to be willing to pay it off, or negotiate successfully to roll it over, accepting that if the club goes bust the first call on the assets will be with the former directors and not the owner. But if RD needs to recover £50m to get his money back, as he may soon, then it's not the main problem by a long distance.
  • Options
    OK, so it is an obstacle in that it may put buyers off. Its quite a nice insurance policy to have though.

I take your point about RD, but what is the likely outcome of a problem there?
  • Options
    Regarding ACV it would let us know an asset was up for sale separately if that scenario ever happened to the club, and slows down a sale by 6 months, it only lasts 5 years tho I think. I assume the former director loans also have call on that asset in some way?
  • Options
    razil said:

Regarding ACV it would let us know an asset was up for sale separately if that scenario ever happened to the club, and slows down a sale by 6 months, it only lasts 5 years tho I think. I assume the former director loans also have call on that asset in some way?

The £7m is secured on the land but behind the banks (which debt may now have been discharged), I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Something needs to be done. We are at the bottom of the form table for the whole of league football.

Screenshot 2015-09-26 17.10.37

Should be 1-1-4 for us.

Win - Hull
    Draw - Rotherham
    Loss - Wolves, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Cardiff
  • Options
    Surely, the possible (but not likely) success of The Big Experiment, was in the main, based on 3 things.

1 FFP forcing clubs to break even. Now defunct.

2 Standard Liege/using their scouts/players/ economies of scale etc. Now defunct.

3 Bringing through young players to sell.
  • Options

Surely, the possible (but not likely) success of The Big Experiment, was in the main, based on 3 things.

1 FFP forcing clubs to break even. Now defunct.

2 Standard Liege/using their scouts/players/ economies of scale etc. Now defunct.

3 Bringing through young players to sell.

Agree.

• Options
    It's depressing, for sure... and yes he is keeping the club alive, and yes it could be a lot worse.

However the fact he doesn't come out and state what he is trying to actually do, it's frustrating, and plowing money into development of the training ground yet not plugging the gaps in our playing side seems counter intuitive.

To know he's worth half a billion and won't push the boat out even a bit is also frustrating, our back up is atrocious, and I can see from the sentiment on here, if it continues, that crowds will once again dwindle.

What next steps? Trust a manager enough to bring in his team put 5-10 million in, make a proper run at it... separate yourself from the 10 other teams in the same boat as us.

Or start looking for a new buyer and stop wasting our time, the championship is now no longer sustainable, fact. You cant be a championship team and not lose money... for a club like us its Premier League or run at a loss, if you think there is a way round that, open your eyes do the research and recognise it's a mad house. We need at least one trip to Prem per decade to survive.

As lots have stated, "its a very boring experiment" "we can't even get taken over properly", are 2 of my favourites...