Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Acworth

ScoSco
edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Just found this after tearing it out of paper last week - he still lurks somewhere out there...

Comments

• Options
    Lol!
    I miss his rantings....
  • Options
    Oh god, he's found an outlet!

GBH used to spend hours editing down his rantings into something that appeared to make sense.
  • Options
    He's GOT to be a poster on here, surely?
  • Options
    He pops up with comments on Frankie Valley's site every now and again. I think we'd know by now if he was on here...
  • Options
    I see him every week or so wandering aimlessly around the Moorgate area muttering on about signing players from Cray Wanderers.
  • Options
    LOL In VOTV his warblings would make me crease up!!

I think once he put himself forward to be Maidstone United's new manager if a wealthy financier would back him!
  • Options
    He must be delighted with the Chris Dickson signing?
  • Options
    He was interviewed for our radio station when it first started in Woolwich, scared the crap out of me when I saw him. The thought of his ramblings being broadcast sent shivers down the spine.

Fortunately, although the standards are low at our place, obviously.

They're not that low. :-)
  • Options
    He was in my brothers class at primary school. A weirdo then.
  • Options
    I've met him when we were both VOTV writers. So he's a bit odd and hasn't discovered t'internet message board cos otherwise he would outdo LTGTR but he follows the team so good on him I say.

Davey, did he go to Alex McLeod then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2007
    No, Alderwood.
    We moved from the Plumstead area when my younger brother was born('71), mainly so my older sister didn't have to go to Abbey Wood School.
  • Options
    good decision!
  • Options
    Shame Acworth is not on t'internet and a member of CL - it would be quite amusing if he had his own category named the Acworth files.

Here's a suggestion, what about having an acworth category for anything bazarre about footy?
  • Options
    I always thought he was a pseudonym a la Airman Brown, Henry Irving etc but planted in the letters pages to generate correspondence.

I had no idea he was (is) a genuine real person!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lol ,very real Len! Front row, second in from right.

You can see my chubby little brother there too!
  • Options
    he was on the internet a few years ago on the teamtalk messageboard. pissed me right off, and everyone else on there told him to f*** off so he did
  • Options
    YOU'D KNOW IF ACKWORTH WAS ON HERE, ON ACCOUNT FOR HE CAN'T STOP SHOUTING AND RANTING AS HE IS THE CAPS LOCK KING.
  • Options
    To be fair, he is he stereotypical Charlton fan. You ask anyone to describe a Charlton fan and that's what they come up with.

Does that say more about us or him? Frightening!
  • Options
    Acworth isn't Henry Irving?

But I've read his 'articles'??
  • Options
    Bump.

Many a true word spoken in jest!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Confusion re the spelling.

Some spell it Ackworth.
    Some spell it Acworth....as with the latest poster....would the 'real' Ackworth do that?

Mmmmmmm!
  • Options
    To be fair to him, he was absolutely spot on about JFH. Lazy fat-arsed useless t0sser.
  • Options
    We could have got Danny Kedwell & Jon Main for that £32,000!
  • Options
    I see him posting on the official cafc website quite alot and he rambles on about wanting Charlton to sign players from Welling, Bromley and Cray Wanderers and i wonder if this guy is for real? HE ALWAYS TYPES WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON WITH POOR GRAMMER AND SPELLING AND THE MOD ON THE CAFC WEBSITE ALWAYS PICKS HIM UP ON IT. Like somone mentioned he is the steryotype of a Charlton fan and i couldn't agree more. We are an excentric bunch aren't we lol
  • Options
    All he needs to complete the 'Charlton look' is some jam sandwiches & a thermos flask.
  • Options
    Yeah we've always had the image of being trainspotters with big glasses, combovers and anoraks lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]YOU'D KNOW IF ACKWORTH WAS ON HERE, ON ACCOUNT FOR HE CAN'T STOP SHOUTING AND RANTING AS HE IS THE CAPS LOCK KING.

I thought that was Suicide Steve ....?

;o)
  • Options
    steve is acworth?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite] POOR GRAMMER

Must try harder.