Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea vs Arsenal

Gabriel is an idiot for rising to it, but the initial yellow card he received he didn't actually do anything, and then the subsequent red was for flicking his heel at a player, Costa, who should already be down the tunnel for twice putting his hands on Koscielny's face in the space of about 3 seconds.

Should video analysis a la rugby be brought in for stuff like violent conduct? It can't be that hard to have a video ref who simply tells the referee in his ear "Diego Costa has swung an arm at Koscielny, red card offence" is it? Especially seeing as all premiership games are recorded fully for MOTD, match choice and non UK TV.

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe Costa's got away with all of that.
  • Options
    Arsenals captain should have kept him away from Costa straight after the yellow instead of letting him mark him for the free kick. It was obvious Costa was looking to do a number on him.
  • Options
    No idea how the refs can get conned by Costa so easy. He should have been off for his e Honda 100 hand slap to the face long before.
  • Options
    Its ruined the game now. How many more times can Costa be allowed to get away with what he does. Can remember him sticking his hands and elbows in defenders faces all last season and not getting pulled up for it.

Like Wrighty just said, can you imagine Martin Keown marking him for 90 mins? Keown would snap the little runt in half. Cant stand him.
  • Options
    Remember when Costa was a world class striker ? Now he's just looking to find any opportunity to act like a total plank.
  • Options
    I'd bet any money a Chelsea player is going off next as Dean realises his mistake.

Do love watching Costa and the battles he gets into with defenders, I must admit.
  • Options
    Would love to see someone absolutely break Costa.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I stopped watching the game after that red card, we need technology as once again a decent game of football has been spoiled by an absolute shameful & pathetic footballer.

I am not blaming the ref, it is a tough job but they need the help as this spoils so many games of football, this is meant to be a sport.
  • Options

I stopped watching the game after that red card, we need technology as once again a decent game of football has been spoiled by an absolute shameful & pathetic footballer.

I am not blaming the ref, it is a tough job but they need the help as this spoils so many games of football, this is meant to be a sport.

No thanks, after watching the rugbyast night I'm
    more determined than ever that video technogy would be disastrous for football.

We need a more robust post-game punishment system, possibly even using half time - in this instance Costa could have been sent off at HT today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    se9addick said:

No thanks, after watching the rugbyast night I'm
    more determined than ever that video technogy would be disastrous for football.

We need a more robust post-game punishment system, possibly even using half time - in this instance Costa could have been sent off at HT today.
    If the decision makers also change the result then i agree we don't need technology, as once again this is meant to be a sport not a who can con the ref the most contest.
  • Options
    The welling player got 3 games for feigning injury to get an opponent sent off, what odds the fa bottle it with Costa?
  • Options
    Down to 9 now
  • Options
    Costa being cheered off the pitch by the Chelsea fans as though he's won the World Cup, they really are the most obnoxious supporters in the land aren't they ?
  • Options
    Cricket also suffers in that umpires no longer call no-balls unless seeing on replay.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Costa being cheered off the pitch by the Chelsea fans as though he's won the World Cup, they really are the most obnoxious supporters in the land aren't they ?

That's one word I'd use for them......
  • Options
    Just seen the replays, another day he could have got 3 straight reds. And the Gabriel red is incredibly incredibly soft. Mike Dean should be ashamed really.
  • Options
    That Costa really is a nasty piece of shit, still he is at the right club.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I'd bet any money a Chelsea player is going off next as Dean realises his mistake.

Do love watching Costa and the battles he gets into with defenders, I must admit.

Just before he was taken off, his boot went into the ox's Chest.
    he did 3 red card offences and about 2 yellows.
    Why was he still on the field ?

Didn't i see Clint Eastwood take him out in one of his films ?
    (not in a Paddy McGuinness way)

• Options
    jac52 said:

No idea how the refs can get conned by Costa so easy. He should have been off for his e Honda 100 hand slap to the face long before.

Man City had the right idea when it came to dealing with Costa .. they gave him a right hammering, elbowing and kicking .. and the referee let them get on with it.. Gabriel was a bit too obvious .. Man City knew how do the right thing ((:>) .. mind you, a nasty bit of work is what we need at Charlton sometimes .. in fact more than one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen MOTD... awful, awful from Costa.

Bizarrely, the stats say that Costa committed no fouls during the whole game.
  • Options
    First time i have watched MOTD for a couple of years now, just ain't interested in OUR spoilt game. Turned over after that, what a rotting ball sack that Costa is and as for Boreinho...
  • Options

Just seen MOTD... awful, awful from Costa.

Bizarrely, the stats say that Costa committed no fouls during the whole game.

apparently he hasn't been sent off since 2010!
  • Options
    Total c**t. When someone snaps him in two it won't be a day too soon.
  • Options
    I would love to see someone go thru Costa! A Gordon McQueen, Norman Hunter type defender. Is there any of those around anymore?
  • Options
    Costa doesn't belong in the English game (neither does Mourinho) and his acts were disgusting. We have another Suarez on our hands and Chelsea is the new Liverpool. I too turned this off after the Gabriel red card. It's a shame as Chelsea would have possibly won this game without the skullduggery from Costa. Hopefully the FA will do the right thing and review/suspend Costa, pus top it off by fining Mourinho for his words/actions with the Doctor a few games ago.
  • Options

Costa doesn't belong in the English game (neither does Mourinho) and his acts were disgusting. We have another Suarez on our hands and Chelsea is the new Liverpool. I too turned this off after the Gabriel red card. It's a shame as Chelsea would have possibly won this game without the skullduggery from Costa. Hopefully the FA will do the right thing and review/suspend Costa, pus top it off by fining Mourinho for his words/actions with the Doctor a few games ago.

Agree with this 100%, they should be done for unsporting behaviour and bringing the game into disrepute respectively. Fines will have little impact so a three match ban and the same again as a 12 month suspended sentence should get the message home.
  • Options
    Costa is a flat track bully, v Man City he wanted a fight with the slightly built Fernandinho but wasn't that interested when Vincent kompany got involved!
  • Options
    garfield said:

Costa is a flat track bully, v Man City he wanted a fight with the slightly built Fernandinho but wasn't that interested when Vincent kompany got involved!

That's why you still need brick sh8thouse central defenders, and not just the modern ones who are great on the ball but can be bullied.
  • Options
    I adore Diego Costa. He's just such a prick and everyone keeps falling for it. Imagine being so good at winding people up.