Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kit Sponsorship

Is players kit sponsorship unique to English/Scottish football or is it common in other European countries? Here in the States it is altogether unheard of.

Comments

• Options
    It is widespread in Europe. All the big teams, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid are on shirt deals worth around £25 million a year. The daddy of them all is Man Utd, who are getting something like $80 million a year, from a U.S. Company, Chevrolet. Odd that it is not so common in the U.S. then.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

It is widespread in Europe. All the big teams, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid are on shirt deals worth around £25 million a year. The daddy of them all is Man Utd, who are getting something like $80 million a year, from a U.S. Company, Chevrolet. Odd that it is not so common in the U.S. then.

I think he means sponsoring individual players kits.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Peter_G said:

I'll get me coat then.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

se9addick said:

Peter_G said:

I'll get me coat then.
    If you sponsored a players training kit you could get theirs (at the end of the season).