Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alcorcon new season

Top of the table (second division) for Roland's Spanish club after 4 games.

The network relationship hasn't really involved much, so probably of limited interest, but presumably some success for them could have some implications for us. Still need to get to the ground with my Charlton top on!

Comments

• Options
    Keep us posted. With Standard out, I'm not sure there's a call for the weekly round up I was doing last season. Anyway what about Marko? Is he first choice keeper?
  • Options
    Yes, first choice
  • Options
    Marko has played every game so far.

Early days in the league, but there are no outstanding teams in the division who are expected to run away with it. The teams relegated from La Liga last year (Cordoba, Almeria and Elche) haven't made particularly strong starts. I expect Osasuna and Real Valladolid to be front runners, but Alcorcon could challenge for the playoffs I reckon.
  • Options
    Delighted to hear Marko is a key part of a table topping team Ina tough league. When I saw him in the summer for Serbia U21, I thought he was the real deal. This may turn out to be a smart move to send him there, but I also hope he has a future at Charlton. I was never actually worried about Nick Pope yesterday and thought he made some excellent saves. But in many ways it will be easier for Charlton to compare the two if Marko is playing regularly at this level.

What about the attendances? Crawling above 3,000 yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Only 2324 in attendance last night. Crowds are always poor but quite hard to see exactly why. Combination of cost, time of the game and the massive focus on Real and Atletico in Madrid I guess.

Other Madrid teams Rayo Vallecano only get about 9000 and Getafe only about 5000. The whole focus of the city is really lopsided towards the big two.
  • Options
    Did they make signings from across like us? Any other network moves other than Dmitrovic?
  • Options
    Had players on loan from Standard Liege before but nothing this season.
  • Options
    Away to Bilbao Athletic tonight, who are newly promoted and in the bottom four. Good opportunity for Alcorcon to extend their lead at the top of the table.
  • Options
    Who's their manager....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Juan Muñiz, former Malaga and Dnipro manager, took over from Jose Bordales in the Summer.
  • Options

Away to Bilbao Athletic tonight, who are newly promoted and in the bottom four. Good opportunity for Alcorcon to extend their lead at the top of the table.

The Atletico Bilbao? They were in the 3rd? Wow...

• Options
    Bilbao Athletic are (somewhat confusingly) Athletic Bilbao's reserve team and are now the only B team in the Segunda Liga. With the full team's Basque only policy, most of their players come through the 'cantera' (the 'quarry'), so the B team are always guaranteed to have a few future stars.

Disappointingly for Alcorcon, Bilbao won one nil tonight.
  • Options
    Down to a more realistic fifth after yesterday's other results. Osasuna on top.
  • Options
    Most Charlton fans are probably sick of the RD network by now, but for those with an interest Alcorcon drew at home to Numancia tonight and are currently third.

I must admit that my initial enthusiasm at having a 'partner' club has petered out, both due to the underwhelming current situation at Charlton and the general mediocrity of Alcorcon. A connection with Rayo Vallecano would have been much more interesting.
  • Options
    2-0 win away at Gimnastic has put Alcorcon back up to second, though Osasuna and Elche could both overtake them if they win tomorrow.
  • Options
    Will go back top if they win home game later today.
  • Options
    Cheers CM...of interest.
  • Options
    Wasted opportunity: lost one nil at home to struggling Huesca, and drop down to fifth.
  • Options
    @CharltonMadrid

out of interest, has there been any noticeable change at the Club since Roland took over? (I know he changed the manager this summer)

Did he install 'his people' a la Katrien to run it?

Has there been any obvious signs of change other than Dmitrovic on loan on the playing side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appreciate the updates re Alcorcon CM.
  • Options
    What's the word on Dmitrovic in goal?
  • Options
    6-1 win this weekend against Llagostera and up to third. As others have pointed out, the stability in the team, faith in proven Spanish managers and general lack of all things Belgian at Alcorcon is bewildering compared to RD's treatment of Charlton.
  • Options
    I spoke to an alcorcon fan on fifa. We had our mics on; it was a very homoerotic affair, but he said Dmitrovic is doing really well.
  • Options

6-1 win this weekend against Llagostera and up to third. As others have pointed out, the stability in the team, faith in proven Spanish managers and general lack of all things Belgian at Alcorcon is bewildering compared to RD's treatment of Charlton.

I'd consider the Spanish League to be very technical like with Belgium though in that respect is probably easier leaving the Spanish Manager in charge... Doesnt look like any of their Managers have lasted more than a season though.

Biggest shock is Dmitrovic is their only Network Loanee
  • Options
    Dermot Corrigan describes Duchatelet's plan for Alcoron as "building sustainably towards the top flight, while introducing synergies between his various clubs." In Decembers WSC.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Dermot Corrigan describes Duchatelet's plan for Alcoron as "building sustainably towards the top flight, while introducing synergies between his various clubs." In Decembers WSC.

That's the kind of blue sky thinking we need on a go-forward basis.
  • Options
    It's the quietest of all the clubs. I don't think there has been any big unrest there, has there? I realised today that there have been at all the others, including us.
  • Options
    These updates are very interesting, especially as the club seems to be run in a very different way to us.

While virtually all Spanish, it does seem that most of the team are relatively recent recruits, and with a decent age profile so it seems that whoever is responsible for their transfers is doing a reasonable job