Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First day of work advice

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015

McBobbin said:

Good luck fella... As Henry said right at the start take every development chance going. Especially as its a one year contract. Brown nose the bosses. You may need their help eventually

So you suck off your boss in order to improve your career?
    You must have no self esteem.
    Would you approve of your child doing this?
    Are you assuming his boss is male ?

Sexist.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    You seem like a decent person. Just try and follow life's mantra that we should all fall back on

Don't be a ****

Follow that and you will be fine. On your first day of work and your last
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Good luck fella... As Henry said right at the start take every development chance going. Especially as its a one year contract. Brown nose the bosses. You may need their help eventually

I'm still trying to decide if you meant that or not
  • Options
    Hope all goes well canters, make that your last beer for today and get off to the scratcher
  • Options
    We all work with someone who likes to rock the boat. Someone who has a lot of ideas, can be outspoken at times and has strong views on how we should do things. They can seem a bit rebellious at times.
    The usual way to deal with Boat Rockers is to try and make them conform to “the way things are done around here” and “get them in the tent” until they come round to our way of thinking. If that fails we label them “difficult,” start to switch off when they speak and they end up marginalised, and/or leave.

Albert Einstein says “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”
  • Options
    For those of you waiting for an update. I have been unable to start yet as "there has been a delay with the paperwork". This should be sorted soon and I'm hoping to start later this week! Thanks for all the advice! :)
  • Options
    The Pubic Sector
  • Options

For those of you waiting for an update. I have been unable to start yet as "there has been a delay with the paperwork". This should be sorted soon and I'm hoping to start later this week! Thanks for all the advice! :)

you forgot to mention that you're an asylum seeker ((:>)
  • Options
    edited September 2015

McBobbin said:

My child does do this. How the hell else do I afford my expensive crystal meth habit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For those of you who care/were waiting for an update I started today. Went well the people I am working with are very nice! I'm in the same team as the guy who interviewed me so that's a bit odd!! Still a few issues... which I won't go into as you never know who reads this forum.. All I'll say is it doesn't surprise me afer the paperwork debacle!

Glad to hear you had a decent day one... Here's to the next few weeks
  • Options
    Good luck Canters, never be surprised just how inefficient even the most successful organisations can be.
  • Options

Good luck Canters, never be surprised just how inefficient even the most successful organisations can be.

Very true