Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ujpest and Hungarian Football

Has anyone been to Ujpest since the creation of the network? Or has been to Hungarian league games?

I'll be in Budapest for a few days and thinking of going along to cheer on our network buddies, just wondering if it's recommended and if anyone has tips. It looks cheap - around £4 for a ticket.

Comments

• Options
    In short no, but normally you only get what you pay for, have a good trip :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    IA said:

Has anyone been to Ujpest since the creation of the network? Or has been to Hungarian league games?

I'll be in Budapest for a few days and thinking of going along to cheer on our network buddies, just wondering if it's recommended and if anyone has tips. It looks cheap - around £4 for a ticket.

When abroad I'll always go to a game. It's great to enjoy a different football experience.
  • Options
    Would be interested in a report
  • Options
    Is accomodation cheap out there? Return Flights are quite expensive when I looked, around 300 quid.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Is accomodation cheap out there? Return Flights are quite expensive when I looked, around 300 quid.

300 quid from Australia is pretty reasonable. :wink:
  • Options

IA said:

When abroad I'll always go to a game. It's great to enjoy a different football experience.
    Completely agree. Love taking in a foreign game.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Yes, I think so. Staying somewhere very cheap for a couple days then in what I think/hope is an apartment for about £35 per night.

Not flying from London, but got cheaper flights than that at short notice, so with more time from London, I would say flights should be OK.

I was hoping someone had been to one of the Budapest clubs to confirm if it's safe enough or not for league matches. Ujpest are playing Ferencvaros so it's a derby of sorts. Not expecting top quality, but £4 for a League 2 game would be good value. The "Premium +" offering is less than £8.

@AFKABartram do you want a report Charlton Aesthetic style? "The Ujpest players float along like lilac and white pyjamas caught in the wind. I am entranced by their dancing." :smile:
  • Options
    IA said:

No point going now sadly, Hungarian Ultras are boycotting games due to ridiculous security measures, Copa90 did a documentary on Ujpest Ferencvaros which is worth a watch, modern stadiums that aren't too big but entry stadiums due to repression
  • Options

IA said:

No point going now sadly, Hungarian Ultras are boycotting games due to ridiculous security measures, Copa90 did a documentary on Ujpest Ferencvaros which is worth a watch, modern stadiums that aren't too big but entry stadiums due to repression
    It took less than 2 hours for this guy to be banned? I'm guessing it's my favourite wanabe Crvena Zvezda fan.

Says a lot about someone's priorities if they say on a football forum that there's "no point" going to a football match if there won't be people dressed up with flags and flares.

I've read there's a card you have to have
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

It took less than 2 hours for this guy to be banned? I'm guessing it's my favourite wanabe Crvena Zvezda fan.

Says a lot about someone's priorities if they say on a football forum that there's "no point" going to a football match if there won't be people dressed up with flags and flares.

I've read there's a card you have to have
    No point in going to a game famous for fans when there is no fans. And yeah worse than airport security you have to have yours veins tested and saved along with other stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol you're back. Have you ever been to an Eastern European match?
  • Options
    @IA
    I've got a couple of contacts. PM me your email and I'll hook you up. Ujpest v Ferencvaros is about as big as it gets so you struck lucky.